Gamers get the boot??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamski
    Do you still have my copy of the Sims I lent you last Saturday night, Spikie?

-Jam
    Why Drspike, shame on u. I never play sim. (Quickly goes to find the thread where Zero confessed to having played the sims)
    :-p

Comment

Oh I forgot, he gave it back early on Monday morning

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Yes I flew to Germany just to get a copy of the Sims. Then I flew there again to give it back. Plausible.

Comment

I knew your secret, shameful love for the Sims ran deep, but not that deep. You suprised us all!
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

DrSpike

You should have gone to Russia and get The Sims with all its expansions for maybe 30 roubles.
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I thought it was a lot of trouble just to play on Sunday, but he simply had to try the German language packs (apparantly one of the sofas is a different colour)

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Quite frankly, DrSpike's obsession with the Sims is rather disturbing.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Damn you both. I hope you rot in Sim Hell, when they release that expansion.

Comment

Note he says when, not if. That means he's been checking insider sources again to find out what the next expansion will be

Spikie

-Jam

Comment

Originally posted by Zero

u just said ur a competitive player urself.
                      Yes as in I'm very good at it and I play from time to time (however unfortunately I usually have huge lag and even huger packetloss), but I don't play it to be the best. I play for fun, and not to beat everyone else like lots of people do.

Some friends of mine who play Q3 organize LANs about twice a year and when I see them at the LAN almost the only thing they do is play Q3; all weekend! . Also how serious they take the game doesn't look very healthy to me: they're screaming and yelling at the top of their lungs when playing.
                      That is definately not how I play
                      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Hmmm, i get the impression we will just end up in front of our consoles playing whatever we're given

The terms casual and hardcore have another meaning to me, one that i feel the main industry is well aware of.

A hardcore gamer is someone who expects certain things from his/her game, and wont hesitate to communicate their displeasure if its not there.

A casual gamer is someone who has no expectations apart from maybe what they've been told in a magazine or on the cover of the game itself, and even if those expectations turn out to be false - they will most likely just forget about it and go do/play something else.

For the companies investing the millions needed to make a game(apparantly?), i can see who they'd rather have as their main customers

And i think we should give Dr.Spike a break - after all his unhealthy infatuation with the Sims might just be showing us the way of our gaming futures , ahead of his time thats all
                        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I am indeed ahead of my time, as I was one of the first to realise the damage the wave of Sunday gamer Sims players would bring.

Comment

True, I was in a tragic state of apathy brought on by having to play through half a dozen console titles to find one decent one

Still i suppose the tradegy of your story is that that early revelation ultimately cost you your gaming freedom - assimilation into that which you most detested was a for-gone conclusion! I guess a case of know thy enemy gone wrong - and your future prospects of escaping back to true gaming nivarna are getting slimmer with each step the New Gaming Industry takes

I think as long as the big publishers dont get lazy and just churn out one 3D movie tie-in after another, then it could be very healthy to produce games that try to be more inclusive. I'm not holding my breath over if we will see a much needed breath of fresh air though - from my point of view my game playing needs will get bleaker for sure. Luckily, as Jamski mentioned, there are many games already made for the likes of me
                            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Trajanus

Yes as in I'm very good at it and I play from time to time (however unfortunately I usually have huge lag and even huger packetloss), but I don't play it to be the best. I play for fun, and not to beat everyone else like lots of people do.

Some friends of mine who play Q3 organize LANs about twice a year and when I see them at the LAN almost the only thing they do is play Q3; all weekend! . Also how serious they take the game doesn't look very healthy to me: they're screaming and yelling at the top of their lungs when playing.
                              That is definately not how I play
                              you and ur friends dont sound like competitive player at all then. u guys cant be good.

first step to being a good competitive player is developing good sportsmanship (although there a few cocky players). ur friends are most likely scrubs or comeplete n00bs that are wanna be hardcores.

in any genre of games, ive never seen good players that act like what u describe of ur friends being. its just unimaginable to see scrubs like that be good at the same time.
                              :-p

Comment

Working...
                              X