Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of Empires III in the works?

Comments? Anyone know anything?
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

it seems obvious they'd make another one. the first two were quite good.
    Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Actually Age of Mythology was sort of an aoe III. Perhaps they have divided it into different series
      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

not really reliable sources. that kind of pre-order games are quite common, but they're not always true.
        that second page looks pretty fake, the info is vague, ****ty site, loads of popups. I just think the guy wants to attract people and earn money on his popups
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie

Comment

Hmm, it seems suspicious that I haven't seen anything else on more mainstream sites.

Comment

No AoE3 in the works. Yes, there are plans to develop such a game, because Age of Empires is a succesfull branch, one of the most so in game industry, but nothing has started coming together for AoE3. Listing the release date for Jan 05 is simply absurd.

Age of Mythology was a Oct 2002 release, with being announced in 2000, and being in the works for over three years...

I have the best information sources on Ensemble games, so trust me on this one.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

How do you know? You're into the gaming business then?

Comment

Nah, he's Bruce Shelley's trophy consort.
                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

It would be awesome if they did make a third one .I was sooo freakin addicted to AOE2. That game is fun wether or not you cheat. I really loved the code for the dodge viper with the machine guns.
                  Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                  Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

What code?
                    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Trajanus
                      How do you know? You're into the gaming business then?
                      Perhaps because his sig says "AoE2.com webmaster"?

It'd be interesting to know what time period it would cover. I mean, there have been several other games in the same genre by now like Cossacks, and RoN and Empire Earth to some extent.

I'm not sure how well AoE is suited for the modern age.
                      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercatore Uno

Perhaps because his sig says "AoE2.com webmaster"?

It'd be interesting to know what time period it would cover. I mean, there have been several other games in the same genre by now like Cossacks, and RoN and Empire Earth to some extent.

I'm not sure how well AoE is suited for the modern age.
                        EE and RON tried to cover the entire history of the world, Civ style. I assume M$ will still be the publisher, and I cant believe theyd publish a direct competitor for RON. So I think it would be period specific.

Either A. early modern period, trying to do a better job than Cossacks. or B. Going back to ancient times, like AOE1, but updated gameplay, graphics etc.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Being able to choose an age range for random maps.

And expaning the Random Map Scripts to be able to disable certain buildings or techs.

Ultimately to expand Random Map Scripts to have event handlers like you can in scenarios - effectively scenarios and campaigns that use random maps.

Comment

I can't remeber what it was, but it let you get a blue dodge viper that was super fast, with turret machine guns. It was sooooo fun to kill off anything. Handcannoneers, Woad Raiders, dumass Teutonic Knights, anything.
                            Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                            Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by Solver

I have the best information sources on Ensemble games, so trust me on this one.
                              Indeed. Solver knows this best. And yes, he's right about AoE3. If anyone tells you that that AoE3 is coming, is just premature hype about something which is expected in the future, but not really being worked out yet. It's not even long since AoM Titans was released.

Merc,

not only that. Plus Solver isn't webmaster of AoE2.com anymore. Don't be fooled by the sig of the CSM.
                              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
                              X