This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nascar Signup Thread

Everyone starts will a speed of 6 and has 4 wildcards.

Rules
    The game is turn-based. Each of the two drivers issues two orders for each turn. Possible orders are as follows:

1. Change speed:
    a. Accelerate - add one to speed
    b. Decelerate - subtract one from speed
    c. Don't change speed

2. Steer:
    a. Left
    b. Right
    c. Left-Right, Right-Left
    d. Don't change direction

* Each player also can use wildcards during their turn, doubling their change in speed or doubling their turn rate. Multiple wildcards can be used in a single round.
    * Steering can now be controlled much finer.

Turning (moving to the left or right) will always move you forward 1 square, but you can now influence when this move takes place.

A complete order may look like this: (current speed of 4, North)
    "(2m)r(m)r"
    This will move the car forward twice, diagonally right, once more diagonally right and then straight right once more, and uses up one wildcard. It is now moving East.
    Code:
    Y...
    Only two wildcards for a direction or speed on any turn.
    accel 2 and right 2 are allowed in the same turn, just no accel 3 or right 3.

If you go off the road:
    1-2 spaces you are reduced to speed 0. You will be placed back on the track where you last exited (my judgement) and miss a turn.
    If you go off the road 3+ spaces you crash and burn. Game over, dude.

No oil or hidden sandtraps, but there is a shortcut patch and a over/underpass bridge. Going off the bridge is not a good idea.

This will be a low speed, Rah-style track.

Players.
    alva
    Rah
    gjramsey
    Spaced Cowboy
    Jonny
    Last edited by Skanky Burns; April 18, 2004, 11:05.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Just a suggestion, but maybe wildcards should be temp too.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'll give it a shot.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Last-minute edit: This is a one-round game. It will be long enough, trust me.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Your example looks confusing.
          Is your car going to be pointing in a certain direction like the last race?
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I just copy-pasted from Spaced's previous thread.

The steering will be like the last race, you permanently change your cars direction by steering rather than just bumping the car over by 1 square.

Comment

Since you didn't put me down, I'm in.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I will try again

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                  Last-minute edit: This is a one-round game. It will be long enough, trust me.
                  Are we going to race on the full Hockenheimring or something?

Comment

Thanks for starting this agian Skankster....I'm in. I need to get revenge on Rah for that last one.
                    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

It's been so long I forgot what I'm getting revenged for. Or is it just old age.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Your driving while unconcious in the race before the one that I started. Where you got help from the GM and just managed to nip me at the finish line.
                        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Ah,, that one.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

And just what is up with Jamski? Are you afraid to play with your little spaced man?

Comment

Code:
                              *      \  *
                              *       \_*
                              S         *
                                   ****]*[*F
                              This is the minimap. The thin line is a shortcut. How does this look?

Comment

Working...
                              X