• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who has the link?
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I don't know what the thread is about, but old games are just...old

I tried playing Wasteland again as I have never finished that game. I couldn't get past the scropitron in Las Vegas back when I was playing it on my C64. . the save feature is the really annoying thing about that game. That is why I never finished it after installing the PC version on my computer

Comment

Jamski has the link, possibly, but he rated that site as well under the quality of another similar site that we can't mention.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

It must really be a dog in comparison. How bad is it?

Comment

you could just PM the guy fo the link. Kinds weird thast his thread has kepy going despite the fact that there isn't even the link still here.
            Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
            Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

you could just PM the guy fo the link. Kinds weird thast his thread has kepy going despite the fact that there isn't even the link still here.

Go home, that defeats the purpose, we want someone here that saw the site to tell us how it is.

Comment

I saw the site in question and it was well below standard. Its probably one of the sites that get attacked for linkstealing from another site that can't be mentioned, even though that other site is within the law since it now has a policy of asking the software companys if its ok to host the files or not, as a result of which many downloads were removed.

That's what I heard anyway

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

So it has changed its policy from removing if asked to explicitly asking up front?

Comment

If what Jamski says is true we should be allowed to speak the name of the forbidden once again!!

Comment

So it has changed its policy from removing if asked to explicitly asking up front?
                      With any new additions, yes.

-Jam
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Ah ok, so the rule wont be changed here if their policy change only includes new additions.

Comment

There has been much discussion on details like that. The general concensus is since it very difficult to know if permision has been recieved for EVERY game available, the management has decided not make any exceptions.
                          While you could probably petition for a specific site that has truely gotten permision for every game to be OK to have the link posted, I wouldn't hold your breath.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, which kind of defeats the purpose of them asking up front. Although I guess they didn't have "linking from Poly" in mind when they changed policy.

EDIT: Looking through the site's FAQ, they mention they still support abandonware, so no linking from Poly. Alas.
                            Last edited by Skanky Burns; April 7, 2004, 09:02.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                            X