No announcement yet.

Games you couldnt finish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes - "finish" here i understand at least once achieving game goals, like in civ any kind of victory. It may be different in games like "Baldur's Gate" where second time playing is rather boring.
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

true ..
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Darkstone. I remember that game. I never finished it. I couldn't beat the final boss fight. I probably could have if I reloaded enough times to figure out the tactics. I didn't really care for the game enough to bother.

There are many games I have never finished.

Black And White
        Star Wars Rebellion
        BG1 (this is due to me uninstalling it to make room, and now my cd-rom cannot read from the disks to re-install the game- this has happened with 2 copies of the game)
        Halo- I just installed it last week. Action games just don't hold my interest. It was fun for an hour though.
        Max Payne- same as above
        Syndicate Wars- that game was freakin' hard!
        Commandos- I could not get the timing down on this one mission. I knew the cheat code to skip the mission, but didn't want to do it as that would be too cheasy.

Comment

Too bad or too boring?

Most games I didn't finish I just simply lost interest in.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
            Too bad or too boring?

Most games I didn't finish I just simply lost interest in.

Same here...

And Max Payne 1 fits under the 'too boring' category... It wasn't because it was too boring I never finished it though... the game always froze during those annoying pointless levels
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Morrowind.

I didn't find the last mission of Homeworld that difficult. Certainly not 'weeks and years' difficult.

Comment

Commandos- I could not get the timing down on this one mission. I knew the cheat code to skip the mission, but didn't want to do it as that would be too cheasy.

Hmm, that is one I regret to have never finished it.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Ah yeah, Commandos 2 I never finished... I did everything I had to do in the second last level, but it just wouldn't accept that I had won this level... after short time I decided I wouldn't want to play that boring round again, so I deleted it... haven't regret it...
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

None.

Comment

I didn't find the last mission of Homeworld that difficult. Certainly not 'weeks and years' difficult.
                      Like I said, I was a noob. My first PC game ever was this rather pacifistic and peaceful RTS called Anno 1602, and Homeworld came after that. Plus I was only twelve at the time. Granted, I wonder why I didn't clear it even though I managed through the previous missions which could be very nail-biting as well.
                      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Star Wars Rebellion, I never got past the tutorial on that one. I gave it to a friend and they gave it back and it went to about 4 people, no one liked it.

I was so wanting to like that game.

Comment

Oh yeah. I lusted after Star Wars Rebellions for months, maybe even a couple of years. When I finally got it, it was excrement!

What I would love to finish and have never been able to is Star Wars Racer. The final race on the jungle world is nearly unwinnable and the final race on the gas world is unwinnable--that hairpin turn at the beginning is the killer. Either you get tossed down onto the much longer lower level, or if you slow down enough to make the turn, one of the computer-controlled characters crashes into you and knocks you down onto the lower level.

I did finish Sim City 2000. Plus Castle Wolfenstein and Wing Commander.

I could not get by the Dreadnaught scenario in Wing Commander Prophecy.

Comment

Looking at my games, there's not one that can be finished that I haven't finished (at least on the easiest levels)

-Jam
                            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Except for adventure games, there are barely any games that I've finished, at all. I've just too little patience once I run into some trouble and have played the game for a couple of days. Oh, I almost finished Walio Land 3 but the final two boss battles don't work on the emulator.
                              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Oh wait, I just realised I did finish WarioWare, Inc. a couple of months ago.
                                Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                                Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Working...
                                X