No announcement yet.

Why warcraft OwNz j0o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm sure you'll find the odd SAINT replay there.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
      But I see what you're saying. I havent played age of myth so i wouldnt know though, but if both people are really good wouldnt it end early too? Most RTS seems to have a really short time in deciding the victor.
      Some games do end early. The shortest game I've played to the end is about 15-20 minutes. But my most memorable game was in one word epic. And it didn't end in the usual RTS fashion of complete annihilation, or the losers quitting.

It was a 3:3, and the tide of the battle turned back and forth constantly. Even when one of our opponents was the first to summon their titan, nobody was going to win for quite a while. Eventually, every player had a titan on the battlefield, and every player lost their titan eventually.

Finally, one opponent started to build their wonder, and I followed suit, building my own wonder. Unfortunately, I couldn't finish mine until 40 seconds after the enemy had finished their's. We were in a race against the clock to destroy their wonder, seeing as how destroying their wonder would guarantee our victory, as any counter attack they could muster wouldn't have enough time to destroy my wonder before time ran out.

And so we executed a massive three way attack in the direction of their wonder, giving it everything we had.In the end, we came just seconds of destroying it. I lost that game, but it was still the most exciting, most worthy game I ever played, and I am still content in the fact that I know I gave it my best. The only regret I had is that I didn't record that game.

I've never had an MP game of Warcraft III that came anywhere near that epic. And I doubt I ever will.
      "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
      "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
      "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Sure you wont have a fight so epic in terms of numbers, but positively amazing epic games are possible. One's where there are constant fights for the whole game, with awesome micro keeping both sides equal. Ones where you end up with level 10 heros squaring off at the end with a handful of units each, and a catapult in each others base trying to end it by wiping their burrows first. WC3, like all great games, is capable of producing memorable replays.

Comment

Warcraft 3 is stupid... Starcraft is teh best!

I see WC3 being big with the nerdy Everquest crowd. True RTS fans hate WC3 because it's just a lame RTS wannabe version of an RPG.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I never saw the big deal with Starcraft.

Comment

Verto: cause joo teh gay!!!11!!!
              seriously, if you dont understand strategy and depth behind it, you wont appreciate it. And obviously if you didnt play enough, you'll never get to that point. and even if u played it long enough, if u play like a moron or if u just simply dont care, u'll never get it. Same with Civ.. you can get deeply into strategy and micromanage and make everything efficiently or play like my friends and use it as coasters the next month...

Sava: Its really not that RPG-ish. I dont understand why you make such big exaggeration out of it. In fact its not RPG at all. Have you given it enough time? Like I said, I hated WC3, now im a convert. it kicks ass. I still have iffy issue about item drops though. That really is gay.

Lord Azael: Simple advice. Download replays from replays.net OMG some replay macthes are like WTF ROFL OMG L337!!11!! goodness.

Though you really have to understand WHAT ACTUALLY IS going on... that does take a bit of advanced warcraft knowledge.... (scrubs arent gonna watch the same replay and be flattered by it... but thats with most MP strategy games anyway)

For sava, there's also SC replays on that site too. Some of those best of 2003 replays are like holy **** i creamed in my pants just watching it level.
              :-p

Comment

are there any .avi replays out there instead of warcraft files etc?
                "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

there are, but its kinda rare to see it in those format.

replay files are small, movie files are not. Usually if they want like interview or shots of players playing, they'll be done in movie obviously.
                  :-p

Comment

Who wants to download a 100MB+ .avi when you can download a replay file that is a fraction of the size?

Comment

Zero: I'm just really stubborn like that.

Verto: Yeah, I'm not surprised. Smart people usually get Starcraft.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Warcraft 3 was fun, for a while, but Myth 2 was more fun.

Yeah, you heard me!!!
                        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                        Drake Tungsten
                        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                        Albert Speer

Comment

Hey, I actually LIKED the single player campaign. I thought the story was well done and they all gelled together rather well.
                          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                          *****Citizen of the Hive****
                          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I really like both WC3 and Age of Mythology, although I only ever played about 10 MP games on each one. I found that beating up on the lame n00bs was far easier on WC3 (even though I was a lame n00b myself). I probably prefer Age of Mythology, though, because it requires a bit less micro in order to be good.
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Working...
                            X