No announcement yet.

Team Mafia Redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I be an enforcer? I want to shoot people with a Tommy Gun!

How do you play this anyways?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
      Can I be an enforcer? I want to shoot people with a Tommy Gun!

How do you play this anyways?

Yes, sign us up for it, then explain the rules!

Actually, I'll follow Sava's lead on this one...
      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

how many we need to paly ?
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Rules? Rules are pretty simple.

First, we wait for a bunch of people to sign up, then divide them into a number of Mafia families plus the Bystanders. Each Mafia family is headed by a Don, with two or more Lieutentants and four or more Hitmen. IOW, a minimum of 7 players each.

Each family knows who everybody in their own family are, but have no idea who are in the other families and who are the Bystanders.

Each turn, a family submits a move to eliminate sombody. When the time is up, the results are tabulated and posted. The moves are first sorted according to their speed, and then executed. The speed of a move is simply the number of attackers involved, so the speed of a move with just a lone Hitman attacking somebody is 1, while the speed of two Hitmen putting the move on a suspected Lieutentants is 2, and so on. All moves with a speed of 1 are all executed at the same time, then moves with speed of 2, and so on.

Example:

Sava (Hitman) and ADG (Hitmen) gang up on GhengisFarb (Lieutentant).

Tuberski (Hitman) attacks Sava.

In this case, Tub gets to off Sava before he has a chance to coordinate with ADG. Unbeknownest to ADG, he goes off and confronts GhengisFarb anyway, without Sava showing up to help, with predictable results.

The results posted for the next turn will mention that both Sava and ADG are bumped off in the first example, saying something Sava was killed by a car bomb or something like that, with ADG found dead. So people can't whether GhengisFarb is a Lieutentant or a Bystander from these results alone.

Comments, suggestions, and feedbacks?
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Seems like there would be much death occuring. Nice.
            A problem might be getting 14 minimum playing it though.

I'm in anyway.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
              Example:

Sava (Hitman) and ADG (Hitmen) gang up on GhengisFarb (Lieutentant).

Tuberski (Hitman) attacks Sava.

In this case, Tub gets to off Sava before he has a chance to coordinate with ADG. (...)
              But why did Tuberski attack Sava first? What if Sava and I attacked first, then Tuberski attacks Sava, resulting in the death of GhengisFarb and Sava
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ADG

But why did Tuberski attack Sava first? What if Sava and I attacked first, then Tuberski attacks Sava, resulting in the death of GhengisFarb and Sava
                Because it's faster for one to kill one other than for two guys to get together to kill one guy?
                I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

FlameFlash got it right.

Skanky: isn't that the idea?
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I'm in of course, but if you get less players, then you could just go with the Don and the Louies.
                    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I'll give it a shot. But it sounds like you might have to trim down the minimum requirements for the 1st few games, until you have enough people.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
                        I'm in of course, but if you get less players, then you could just go with the Don and the Louies.
                        I was thinking a louie and several hitmen, but it comes out the same in gameplay.
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I like it. Count me in.
                          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben

I was thinking a louie and several hitmen, but it comes out the same in gameplay.
                              That is because you think from the bottom up, and I think from the top down.
                              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

My management style PwnZ urz.

Comment

Working...
                                X