Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good/bad news for future D&D CRPGs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    I've not read Order of the Phoenix yet, and you just spoilt it for me

    I assume Hogwarts is older, and the magic elevators are reverse engineered from muggle designs, but magic powered.

    -Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Jamski
      I've not read Order of the Phoenix yet, and you just spoilt it for me

      I assume Hogwarts is older, and the magic elevators are reverse engineered from muggle designs, but magic powered.

      -Jam
      Sorry, i forgot the need to take care with any fiction, esp HP. OTOH, i think i can tell you that the Ministry is visited and the elevators described fairly early in the book, and the principle suspense is still available to you. You need not consider OOTP any more spoilt than say BG2 is for me

      Youre probably right about the age, though JKR doesnt say.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

      Comment


      • #63
        ha! it's probably a D&D RTS like Warcraft III ... I doubt they'll make a ripoff of Heroes of Might and Magic TBS game alhtough that would make more sense!
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

        Comment


        • #64
          Grok
          Public Relations
          Atari, Inc.

          Reg: Nov 2003


          All crap...? You either need to expand your sample size or refine your expectations. Here are some fantastic recent Atari titles:

          Godzilla: DAMM
          APEX
          Battle Engine Aquila
          DBZ
          D&D Heroes
          Civ 3
          Rollercoaster Tycoon
          NWN
          Unreal Tournament
          Unreal Championship

          Huge titles on the horizon:

          RCT3
          NWN2
          BG3
          Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
          Driver 3

          And, several others.

          There's good and bad with any publisher folks. We've got more good than bad although at times it can be hard to see when you're particularly frustrated with a single title or recent experience. It's the same with every publisher in the business...we're not in the business to stick it to consumers we just miss the mark on some titles.

          Grok
          He's let another one slip on the Atari forums.

          Can I say "BG3" and "NWN2" = WOW GOOD NEWS!

          The thread is here :



          And he goes on to post :

          Grok
          Public Relations
          Atari, Inc.

          Reg: Nov 2003


          No April Fool's Joke.

          We've got dozens of titles in all stages of development. We're currently talking with several top developers about creating the next generation of our strongest D&D RPGs. This really shouldn't be a surprise...lots of RPG goodness in the future from Atari.

          Grok
          And we know this guy is for real, 'cos he works for Atari, posts on the offical Atari boards. If he was BSing, Atari would ban him for sure for impersonation.

          YAY!

          -Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

          Comment


          • #65
            Hello? No interest in BG3?

            -Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

            Comment


            • #66
              Hello? No interest in BG3?
              It's probably Dark Alliance 3. If not, then how in the nine hells could they continue the Bhaalspawn saga? Some sort of a prequel or something?
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

              Comment


              • #67
                He's talking about PC games, so not BG: DA 3

                -Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Hmm. I remain sceptic, maybe it's a slip of a finger something. Who knows. That cover in that gaming magazine was interesting, something about The Seven Anzars or something.

                  Maybe it'll go the way of Fallout 3 and be shelved moments before completion. With the gaming industry being the way it is, I refuse to believe we'd get anything even remotely decent
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Besides, consider this:

                    All crap...? You either need to expand your sample size or refine your expectations. Here are some fantastic recent Atari titles:

                    Civ 3
                    I rest my case.

                    Edit: The image I spoke of is here. It might be an AFJ, but the timing with the statement of this Grok person is interesting to say the least.
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      I'm assuming its using the BG name, while developing a new storyline, if this is for real. I'm also assuming Atari don't want people talking about it yet.

                      -Jam
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        BG3- how can they do that- the storyline's over!

                        I bet this guy's just making up trash and looking to be fired
                        (but maybe not- NWN2 makes sense)

                        I wonder if BG3 will be modable and will be 2D isometric topdown rather than 3D hmm...
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Jamski
                          Hello? No interest in BG3?

                          -Jam
                          who is making it? Bioware?

                          who is making NWN2? I have not heard these game announced by bioware.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by DarkCloud
                            BG3- how can they do that- the storyline's over!

                            I bet this guy's just making up trash and looking to be fired
                            (but maybe not- NWN2 makes sense)

                            I wonder if BG3 will be modable and will be 2D isometric topdown rather than 3D hmm...
                            well obviously the storyline with the main protagonist is over.

                            But they may continue the series allowing you to choose a new adventurer/protagonist and maybe return some of the better NPC's like Minsc, Jaheira, and Viconia.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              who is making it? Bioware?

                              who is making NWN2? I have not heard these game announced by bioware.
                              I dunno, this is a leak. I imagine either Bioware or Troika, as they are both published through Atari.

                              Remember BG3 was nearly finished when it was canned 2-3 year back, so it may just be a "oh, we got the rights, let's make some cash"

                              -Jam
                              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                If you'll notice, underneath BG3 it says Black Isle. Not only does Black Isle not have the BG license, they're gone. Now, I'd have a better idea what was going on if I knew Finnish or whatever that mag is in but I'd say it's suspect.
                                I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                                New faces...Strange places,
                                Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                                -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X