No announcement yet.

UT2004 Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well onslaught is fun for a few games, but not much more than that. If you want to play competitively (heck it's simply totally different gameplay) then you simply have to play deathmatch. CTF in UT is so-so, but deathmatch and team deathmatch is where UT2k4 will be great at.

I must say ut2k4 has improved hugely since ut2k3, with better movement, better weapons balance (for example the biorifle in ut2k3 was useless, whereas it's now pretty deadly if you handle it correctly), etcetera

All in all it's just better, and of course, that demomap rankin is simply very very very well made. Actually I know the person who made it, it's a Belgian . He kicks ass!
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior
      Is it like MoH or BF42 where you choose what weapon(s) to use before you spawn, or do you run around and pick them up a la Halo?
      depends on the type of game you are playing... the weapons have to be picked up, but sometimes there are weapon lockers (like in Onslaught) where you get like all the weapons.

There are also weapon turrets in some of the maps too.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
        Ooh, the masses like the game! All the more reason to avoid it.
        For a communist (who wants the masses to run his life) that is a very strange attitude to take. Contradictory, at the very least.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I've been playing the demo, it is definitely fun, but I don't know if I'd play $50 for it. Seems like I'd be paying a lot, in part for the priviledge of being insulted and degraded by a bunch of middle schoolers who find it cool to misspell words.

Is there really $50 more of stuff in the retail version as opposed to the demo? What is the single player game? Is it just the same multiplayer stuff, but with bots? (Personally, I have no problem with that... bots tend to demonstrate fewer antisocial personality traits.)
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Well, the retail version comes with over 100 levels and some game modes that aren't in the demo (mutant is fun). And it should be $40 not $50. I did manage to pick mine up for free though .

As far as single player goes, I haven't really played much of it yet. I do know that it's got kind of a storyline with unlockable stuff. It seems good at a glance.
            "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

For a communist (who wants the masses to run his life) that is a very strange attitude to take. Contradictory, at the very least.

Anyway since when has Tass let inconsistency stop him opening his posting mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

I'm for the people and their safety and such, yes, but that doesn't mean I have to do everything the people say or like everything the people like
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Is UT2k4's MP really fun. I lost all faith in MP pub games in FPS.
                  :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

I'm for the people and their safety and such, yes, but that doesn't mean I have to do everything the people say or like everything the people like
                    Especially when the people are all capitalists.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                      I've been playing the demo, it is definitely fun, but I don't know if I'd play $50 for it. Seems like I'd be paying a lot, in part for the priviledge of being insulted and degraded by a bunch of middle schoolers who find it cool to misspell words.

Is there really $50 more of stuff in the retail version as opposed to the demo? What is the single player game? Is it just the same multiplayer stuff, but with bots? (Personally, I have no problem with that... bots tend to demonstrate fewer antisocial personality traits.)
                      $39.99 at most stores

The single player game is great... I've played it more than MP so far. There is Assault (Mission driven scenarios), there's onslaught (a capture and control type game with drivable vehicles), there's a basketball type game where you carry a ball and try to put it through the enemies' "hoop", and there's the normal FPS modes with bots (CTF, DM, TeamDM).

It is definitely worth the money. And this is coming from the mad warez king.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
                        Is UT2k4's MP really fun. I lost all faith in MP pub games in FPS.
                        I can totally understand that. I rarely play anything online anymore, because it's just awful to be on a team of retards. I've only played UT2004 single player and LAN so far and I still think it's worth it (lots o LAN play ).
                        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Originally posted by Trajanus
                          All in all it's just better, and of course, that demomap rankin is simply very very very well made. Actually I know the person who made it, it's a Belgian . He kicks ass!
                          I hated that demo-map... and everybody I know who have tried the demo also hated that map... it's just a basic UT2k3/4 map... I wish there were more maps from the original UT game in the game. Those maps were defently much better than the maps in UT2k3/4

I wish they have done something for the "Last man standing" game-mode... I love the idea in LMS where you have to avoid getting killed, but the fact that you start with ALL weapons kills the point... and then the fact that you'll be able to win if you keep hiding

The onslaught mode is more interesting. I also like that you're able to edit the 'links' yourself... makes it possible to make some interesting (unlogical) maps
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I'm downloading the demo right now.
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Then clearly I'll have to as well.
                              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

w00t! we can play each other!
                                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X