No announcement yet.

Sid Meier's Pirates! preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one said that.........people are amazed you haven't played it, and Skanky was trying to use humour to show his support for the game. Unfortunately you wouldn't get it if you haven't played the game.

Comment

• Yeah, I guess I didn't think that one through too well.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• I like pirate games, but I don't think I want to be a monkey.

Comment

• me thinks GF can do this beaucoup long time.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• You are a pirate wannabe, not a monkey.

Comment

• Then why is it called Monkey Island?

Comment

• Ghengis is this a windup? Perhaps to bring Deity a little faster.

If you want to read about as famous a game as Monkey Island, I'm sure you can find sites online.

Comment

• Its a classic adventure game. Well worth a look if you like the genre and have a PC that will run it (I haven't tried since I ditched the 486)
                  To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                  H.Poincaré

Comment

• They should run. I have MI1, MI2 and some Indy games (all ridiculously tiny) that run using the motherboard's speaker for sound.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doc
                      If you want to read about as famous a game as Monkey Island, I'm sure you can find sites online.
                      Famous? I'm serious that I have never heard of Monkey Island. It must be a regional fad game or something.

Comment

• I just played the first 5 minutes of MI2........I'm still chuckling. It's a classic series, and if you have any fondness at all for humourous adventure games you should check out the later games.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Famous? I'm serious that I have never heard of Monkey Island. It must be a regional fad game or something.
                          It's as famous as an adventure game could ever be.
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Any idea where I could get a copy? It sounds like its old.

Comment

• You're better off buying Curse of Monkey Island or Escape from Monkey Island, which are both available on the Lucas Classics label for a few pennies.

The first 2 games I'm not sure if they still sell........there was a MI/MI2 pack a while ago. It might still be for sale. If not we can sort something out.....the whole game is about 2MB.

Comment

• They really should make a remake of of both of them (MI 1 & 2) with some modern - non 3D - graphics.
                                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                                X