Another Forum Game: Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
    I was think more along the lines of them picking a pitch and the batter picking a swing. All pitch types have one swing weakness, with others maybe at a reduced chnce to hit and one always being a low probability to hit or just alway miss.

For instance a fastball might be a selection.

The bunt results in a miss
    Low-Hit has a 25% chance of hitting
    Drop-In has a 35% chance of hitting
    Hail Mary has a 45% chance of hitting (the optimal choice for the fastball).

The other 3 pitches would be the slider for low hit. The curve for Drop-in, and the off-speed for the bunt.

I don't know about the percentages. Looks like this is going to be softball (almost everyone will hit in 3 strikes) more than baseball (might see SO and BoB). Due to time contraints of a forum game the softball option might be better.

SC
    what are the differneces between softball and base ball ???
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Not as many innings, mainly.

Comment

And when you pitch you don't throw it overarm, but underarm, so it's slower, and no variety in pitch strength.

Comment

If we can't get 10, we COULD get away with 6 for a test run, and see how many runs you can get with 3 outs by yourself....

Comment

whatever im easy
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

IMO softbal is more of a hitting and fielding duel, where as baseball is more of a pitcher batter duel, with some fielding involved, but not as much as BB.
              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
              X