HTML 'poly 5-a-side football THE GAME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STFU Jam.
    We have a WINNER! It took 10 days, but DoY is the first one to dare to do it!

Anyhoose, can I have some clarification re: interception.
    You intercept the ball as it is received, not midpass - makes it easier. You can intercept any player who receives the ball in an adjacent square.

Reds are in trouble now. Spaced is closely marked, and there's noone free to pass to.
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• heheheh .. i better be good boy now the ref watching me, but that means while he watching me he not watchign my team mates heheeheheh
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Is each tackle automatically a foul?

Btw we need a plan team!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski

Just being helpful, and moving the pitch onto this page, because it's hard to move back and look at it every time you want to increase your postcount in this thread.

Code:

Jampitch

Left Pitch (a) Yellow Team Goal (centre pitch) (b) Right Pitch (c)
          Yellow Defense (1) Duke Doc Yellow Defense (1)
          Yellow Attack (2) Raz fouls Hueij Yellow Attack (2)
          Midfield (3) Alva Skanky Midfield (3)
          Red Attack (4) Spaced(*) intercepts Zopperoni

Urban

Frozzy
          Red Attack (4)
          Red Defense (5) Red Defense (5)
          Left Pitch (a) Red Team Goal (centre pitch) (b) Right Pitch (c)
          The tight marking of Red Team is paying off as Spaced out-jumps Zopperoni on the left touchline to intercept Hueji's long pass. After passing he was immediately hacked to the floor again by a raging Raz.. the ref waves to play on, but he has his eye on Raz now after two fouls within moments of each other.

-Jam

Comment

• Code:

Jampitch

Wide Left (a) Left Pitch (b) Yellow Team Goal (centre pitch) (c) Right Pitch (d) Wide Right (e)
            Yellow Deep (1) Yellow Deep (1)
            Yellow Defense (2) Duke Doc Yellow Defense (2)
            Yellow Attack (3) Raz fouls Hueij Yellow Attack (3)
            Midfield (4) Alva Skanky Midfield (4)
            Red Attack (5) Spaced(*) intercepts Zopperoni

Urban

Frozzy
            Red Attack (5)
            Red Defense (6) Red Defense (6)
            Red Deep  (7) Red Deep (7)
            Wide Left (a) Left Pitch (b) Red Team Goal (centre pitch) (c) Right Pitch (d) Wide Right (e)
            The chairman just paid for a bigger pitch. Enjoy.

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• suggestions sent to captain doc !!

Comment

• The tactical error both teams have made so far is to concentrate too much on getting the ball. If ALL your players are intercepting and tackling, noone is running into space. Of course, untill now there wasn't really much space to run into...

... but with players unmarked, there's a chance to pass to them in such a way as they can run AWAY from the intercpting player and retain the ball.

-Jam

Comment

• Can we kick off again then, now that we've got a sparkling new pitch? I'm not sure that either team would have chosen to line up in their present formation had the pitch been this size from the beginning, and it's not as though we're a long time into the game.

Comment

The tactical error both teams have made so far is to concentrate too much on getting the ball. If ALL your players are intercepting and tackling, noone is running into space. Of course, untill now there wasn't really much space to run into...

... but with players unmarked, there's a chance to pass to them in such a way as they can run AWAY from the intercpting player and retain the ball.

-Jam
                    stfu n00b

Comment

The tactical error both teams have made so far is to concentrate too much on getting the ball. If ALL your players are intercepting and tackling, noone is running into space. Of course, untill now there wasn't really much space to run into...

-Jam
                      the tactical error the ref made is that yuo cant score with out the ball...

if you dont intercept or tackle to get the ball, then the oppsoition will simply charge straight to goal and score, if you wait for the shot on goal before attempting any defence then you leaving it to luck at last minute to save the ball with goalie.

i think there needs to be some chance of intercepts failing so a player can get a pass through without everytime it being itnercepted

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
                        Can we kick off again then, now that we've got a sparkling new pitch? I'm not sure that either team would have chosen to line up in their present formation had the pitch been this size from the beginning, and it's not as though we're a long time into the game.
                        no i am happy to continue ...

plans are in motion ....

Comment

• I was considering the idea of making the rule intercept a SQUARE, instead of a PLAYER, but this might make passing too good... you'd never get intercepted... unless... maximum pass distance of 2 squares is included.... you could pass to anyone within 2 at the start of the turn. If they run further away during the turn, that's fine, they still get the pass... I don't know... its still not really balanced then...

Just thinking out loud...

For now, let's not change any rules and see if people take advantage of the larger pitch...

-Jam

Comment

• I thought that you were a powergamer Jam.

Comment

• yes lets platy on .... will be more room to chase each other round in now....

Comment

• Jamski answer my PM purlease.

Comment

Working...
                                X