No announcement yet.

Oldest Console/Game In Your Possession?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldest Console/Game In Your Possession?

(If this belongs in OT, I apologize.)

What's the oldest platform/console, game, controller, etc you have in your possession? (Board games and the like excluded.)

I've got an Atari Lynx - "the world's first color handheld gaming system".

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=Atari+Lynx/v=2/l=IVI/*-http://www.retrogames.co.uk/stock/assets/images/Mach_-_Atari_Lynx_Mk2.jpg[/img]

It was released in 1989, I got one early '90s. I've still got several games for it, and both it and the games are in exceptional condition, except that if the power cord is jiggled too much, it will lose power. But that's what batteries are for. I no longer have my copy of Civilization, and that would be the only other competition for me.

I'm sure you all can beat me by a decade or so, so let's hear it.

Nintendo Entertainment System (I don't have an AC plug for it so I can't play it, dammit!)

I have Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the first one) and Shingen the Ruler inside the dang thing.

But, alas, no AC plug. Been looking on and off for a good 3 years trying to find one for it that isn't online.
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

an apple 2

Comment

probably my NES. My sister has some ancient systems though, I dont recall thier names.

Comment

i've got a couple of old 286's circa 1990, and some games of the era - my original of Pool of Radiance says 1988. I might have some older shareware games, although 1988 was when we stopped using the TI.

As for other games, i have a (non-functioning) Matel Electronic's Electronic Quarterback (i remember playing it all the time in 1980 ) - not sure if that (or the Rubic's Cube and similar non-electronic games) counts or not as some of those were in the family before i was
          Insert witty phrase here

Comment

"Strider" on cassette for the C64 (which no longer works, sadly)

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I have in the loft of my mum's house:

A NES
              A spectrum with 100s of games
              An Amiga with 100s of games

Comment

Pah - I can reach out and touch my Amiga from here.

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I had a sega gamegear at one stage.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

My NES, which I still have somewhere. My first game was two-in-one cartridge with Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt on it.
                    Brilliant stuff.

I actually managed to sell my SNES a few weeks ago.

Comment

I have an Atari 2600 in my garage. bought it for myself for my birthday about 8 years ago at a thrift store.

got Space Invaders, Combat, Asteroids, and a bunch of other cartridges.

haven't used it in about 4 years.

I think that beats everyone else so far.
                      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Frogger(and others) on one of those mini-console. (comparable to games on a cellphone now)

Might still have it/them at my parent home.
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
                          I actually managed to sell my SNES a few weeks ago.
                          Why would you? I still play Final Fantasy III and Metroid on it.

Great system.

Comment

I didn't play on my SNES anymore, and the other dude wanted it, so it was a win/win there.

Comment

I still have my SNES and Atari 2600. Unfortunately I left my Commodore 64 to rot in the garage, and it has since been thrown out. If only I could have forseen my zeal for retro.

But a 1981 Nintendo Game & Watch version of Fire would be my oldest item. Still works, but will randomly reset in the middle of a game.
                              Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Working...
                              X