What is the BEST online game to play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the BEST online game to play?

Alright I have gone from having not enough time on my hands to having way too much time on my hands. Suggest to me a fun online game to play.

How I define best:

1) Most fun to play
    2) Not having too steep of a learning curve. (This usually rules out flight simulators).
    3) Good teamplay. (Not just me going around shooting things and there happens to be a couple of other guys on my team who are also individually running around shooting other things.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

CounterStrike with a team of people you know, plus audio chat.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Or if you've got an Xbox, play cat and mouse in Project Gotham Racing 2. Or Capture the Flag in MechAssault. Or many of the mission-based Crimson Skies multiplayer modes.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Crazy Arcade. It helps if you know korean, though (especially in terms of teamplay).

네가지별의 힘을 모아 슈퍼레이로 업그레이드 하자!
        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          With a team of people you know being the operative words
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Hmmm Counterstrike looks pretty dope.

I used to play alot of Team Fortress and also Battlefield 1942

Hey, I got another question for your guys.

Is it worth it to invest in the more expensive sound cards?
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
              Is it worth it to invest in the more expensive sound cards?
              It depends how much you value sound. I LOVE having immersive sound in my games.

On my PC I've got an Audigy 2 with digital surroundsound speakers.

It makes a huge difference in games like Knights of the Old Republic and Call of Duty when you enable surround sound and EAX-HD (High Definition Environmental Audio). Things echo as they should, sound reverbates as it should, there's multiple environment effects from different directions, etc. See: http://www.soundblaster.com/eax/

It's most impressive with Call of Duty in the middle of battle. Bullets dinging off all around you with distinctive sounds and positions.

Comment

With EAX, does it also work well with headphones? Or should you only use EAX with a surround sound system?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

COUNTER-STRIKE

best multiplayer game ever!
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                    With EAX, does it also work well with headphones? Or should you only use EAX with a surround sound system?
                    It would work...okay...with headphones. It's primarily designed for surround sound, but it still sounds better than without EAX if you use headphones.

Comment

word

I'm downloading counterstrike

This, "Steam" client is kinda annoying

Comment

bah

there doesn't seem to be a demo

the download link goes to this steam

and steam expects you to enter a cd key

Comment

CounterStrike is a mod for Half-Life.

Comment

yeah Ted, you need to either have half-life or buy the game... it's only like $20 bucks at some stores.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

America's Army is worth every penny you spend on it, and probably more. It's free. First person shooters aren't my cup of tea, but I do enjoy playing it from time to time.

I personally prefer MMORPGs.

Comment

Working...
                              X