Sam & Max cancelled!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam & Max cancelled!

Goddamned mother****ing ********ers! Syberia seemed to do quite well from what I understand! Why the **** can't they make another Sam & Max? This was far and away the game I was most looking forward to!

****ity **** **** ****!

EDIT: edited for a surprising realization of a certain cussword that is not autocensored...
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Shame, I liked Sam & Max Hit the Road.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

If any of y'all are or were big adventure fans, here's an article that might speak to you:

It is the saddest cancellation Evan can remember. Here's what he's going to do about it. |

First ****ing Sierra, now goddamned LucasArts... et tu, Brute?

Comment

After careful evaluation of current market place realities and underlying economic considerations, we've decided that this was not the appropriate time to launch a graphic adventure on the PC.

Like Guy said, take Syberia for example. Did really well. You just gotta put some effort in and make a good game. Then it will sell.
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

No one else is making adventure games... that must mean it's not a good time to make them. Let's make a FPS - it can have rockets, and crowbars, and stuff!
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I'm composing my letter to LucasPR at the moment.
            Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
            Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by vovan
              After careful evaluation of current market place realities and underlying economic considerations, we've decided that this was not the appropriate time to launch a graphic adventure on the PC.

Like Guy said, take Syberia for example. Did really well. You just gotta put some effort in and make a good game. Then it will sell.

So if adventure games are doing ok, why did they drop this?? The other linked article says its bias against adventure games, but what has changed since they began the project?
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Read the editorial on http://www.mixnmojo.com/ - they're panicking after a series of crap, rushed gaming decisions.
                Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

No one else is making adventure games... that must mean it's not a good time to make them.

BS. I'm making one and so are a lot of other people over at http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/
                  Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                  And notifying the next of kin
                  Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Birdseed
                    I'm composing my letter to LucasPR at the moment.
                    Already sent.

Also sent one to the acting president and a VP for good measure, just to make sure they know people are good and pissed.

Comment

I really don't understand why everyone is so upset about this. A highly anticipated sequel to a classic game. Anyone remember Escape from Monkey Island? Guess not...

They are making a new Leisure Suit Larry game now. Yep, in 3D

Anyways, I really don't care as long as they leave Grim Fandango alone...
                      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                      And notifying the next of kin
                      Once again...

Comment

Just got an email from one of the editors of CGW; says that they will be looking into the situation and will probably have a piece in the June issue.

Comment

Goddammit!

/me gets wistful about wak-a-rat.

Comment

I'm not too upset. I stopped playing them after LA started making their adventure games more like an interactive cartoon as opposed to a computer game. Which basically covers anything post Monkey Island 2.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
                              No one else is making adventure games... that must mean it's not a good time to make them.

BS. I'm making one and so are a lot of other people over at http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/
                              You're making one, Hueij? Does it have anything to do with Ancient Egypt?
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X