No announcement yet.

Syndicate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I said, I'm not good at giving descriptions, but I believe the cyborgs automaticly says it's futuristic...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
      As I said, I'm not good at giving descriptions, but I believe the cyborgs automaticly says it's futuristic...

I'd say it's a given also.

Comment

The first or the second part?

Comment

Well I wouldn't have laughed if it was the first. That would be crass.

Comment

the link they(spong) give for Bullfrog doesnt work, and the EA site is not very nice for trying to find anything other than their main titles like Sims/Madden etc.........

Anymore links to more info on this?

Decent console ports can be made(the playstation UFO kept faithfull to the origional and for the PS was a great strat game - it did play too fast though), but now i doubt a big publisher like EA would do a game like Syndicate for consoles, unless it was brought 'up to date' with some kind of 3D re-design.

Which will most likely destroy the charm of the origional, for those of us that remember it - still if it looks good enough the 'kids' might well love it.

I agree, we should all give our kids less pocket money/encourage those with kids to spend less on them.......they are happy with a game that gives a dozen hrs of play, if it looks 'awesome' enough - its destroying our gameing pleasure!

Maybe we shouldn't update our computers either? Its those big fat 3D cards that are to blame

I'd vote for Dr.Spikes regime - but i've got a console, it was for research purposes off course - nothing will replace my dear P166 48MB(or the great games i can play on it!)

For the origional Amiga Syndicate - i loved the mini-gun, when in a tight spot unloading with these, and watching the ensueing carnage was a class momment
            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

The day we have reached the limit for those 3D cards performance, will be a glorios day, since then they have to spend more time on making good games

I don't have any other links about this though

Comment

nothing will replace my dear P166 48MB(or the great games i can play on it!)

Dang???you ARE hard-core !!!

-
                No other loinks here either I'm affraid.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                  nothing will replace my dear P166 48MB(or the great games i can play on it!)

Dang???you ARE hard-core !!!

-
                  No other loinks here either I'm affraid.
                  i've also got an Amiga1200 and an Atari800XL

I will get around to getting a more punchy pc some day, just that i find most of the games i like(Civ2/CTP2/SMAC/Imp2/Daggerfall etc), work best on my old P166.
                  And my xbox gives me the cutting edge gaming so i can see just how bad games have got

Yeah i was looking around for more info on this Syndicate remake - drawn blanks so far
                  'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Atari800XL

Oooh, you had the posh version, did you...pffff
                    I had to do with the 600XL.
                    And IIRC it came with a gigantic cassette-recorder.
                    It did have a pretty good BASIC version though, I learned my first programming steps on it
                    Then I sold my sould my souland moved onto a C64 and started playing games and nothing more.
                    Not that it was feasable to do any programming on a C64 anyway, dam Peekes and Pokes
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I hate the one level where you get attacked by 100 enemies all with gauss/miniguns

Comment

Which one of them? The one in the atlantic ocean? Or are you talking about Syndicate Wars?

Comment

I'm not too sure, it was a few years ago, but I don't think it was the platform, because my brother and I couldn't even get started there.

I believe it was one of the missions where you have to sit in this enclosed area and then around 100 enemies run out and a few of them have gauss guns and the others have miniguns or uzis i think..

Comment

That was a difficult mission, if only because bugs prevented shields from working 100% of the time they are on.

What you do is equip each guy with 5 or more bullet-proof shields. Put their shields on as soon as the mission starts. These shields will slowly run out of charge and when they do will disappear. To stop this happening, switch to a different shield when they start getting low. They will now recharge as the other keeps your soldiers alive.

Have your soldiers run around through the enemy agents so that they get hit by their own crossfire. Be careful of their dead bodies though - they normally carry bombs which loose minigun fire will set off. With a bit of luck you will be able to slowly whittle the enemy numbers down until they get to a managable level where your squad can kill them using their own weapons.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I see..

And have you ever noticed that it's cheaper to buy a new minigun than it is to reload it?

Comment

Working...
                              X