No announcement yet.

Syndicate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to see a new Syndicate game. The old version has potential to be a great game, but as with anything the new design may very well suck.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I believe it's often not up to the developers...

I remember Maxis was very mad when they were told they should make simCity 3000 in 3D... I'm not sure, but I believe it was EA who told them to... after they created an early beta of the game, they managed to persuade EA to be allowed to do it 'their way'...
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
        I believe it's often not up to the developers...

I remember Maxis was very mad when they were told they should make simCity 3000 in 3D... I'm not sure, but I believe it was EA who told them to... after they created an early beta of the game, they managed to persuade EA to be allowed to do it 'their way'...
        Right. I should have phrased that differently... By "devs" I rather meant the people that design the game and approve the design. In this case you mention, and probably a few others, that would be the publisher, and they don't want 2D games, bcause they are seen as uncool...
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

and they don't want 2D games, bcause they are seen as uncool..

By 12 years olds and as with music they get to decide everything nowadays...

Stop giving your children so much money dammit.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

It's because looks sell to Sunday gamers, not substance. If you join me in my crusade against them games will once again be about substance.

Comment

/me signs up for the mentioned crusade

Comment

Or they will just continue emphasising console-development instead.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

We can have a crusade against that too. In fact!!

When I rule the world, if I decree that all Sunday gamers must only play console games on pain of death both problems disappear at once!

Comment

/me signs up for the both aforementioned crusades.

Consoles are evil.
                    XBox Live: VovanSim
                    xbox.com (login required)
                    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                    Spore page

Comment

/me makes a note not to vote for Spikie in the world ruler elections.

Comment

Actually what is this game about?

Short description be fine.
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

I'll try my best:

You've got a few cyborgs, who you're able to upgrade or buy weapons for (Which you have to research...). Each mission is more or less about: Killing of the enemy cyborgs, while don't get killed... the enemy always has tons of 'em, while you've only got 4... Ok, there is a little more variety in the missions... sometimes you need to persuade a certain person, and bring him back, or maybe you should place a bomb a certain place...

...and placing a C4 next to some giant building can be interesting...

Comment

Slightly similar to commando's then or is it less tactical and more Shoot-m-up?

Comment

ADG didn't mention the setting, which I think was this game's charm.

Sure several games have had futuristic settings with big giant corportations. But I felt this game did it the best.

The game looked cool. And killing was cool as well. I seem to remember a very good death animation when you burn someone alive.

Comment

Not shoot-em-up at all really.........more squad based strategy action, with oodles of style.

Comment

Working...
                                X