• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IIRC, he's handed you the reigns...
    cIV list: cheats
    Now watch this drive!

Comment

• Well then, I should start giving myself these missions.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• The good news is I have taken over the thieves guild too.
        I s that possible for evey guild? DO you get sooper discounts b/c of your status? Do you really need the discounts at htis point?

Pretty bad design. Like anyone would give a mission out and then disappear just like that.
        People do that more often than you would think. Telling you to run an errand, and then they skip town.
        Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
        Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

• You can take over the Mages, Thieves and Fighters guilds, at the least. I have not bought stuff from them for quite a while now though, I tend to find more stuff than I can use. I have several grandmaster's lockpicks in my house, many masters and grandmasters armouring hammers...
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• You can become the head of each and every guild, except that you can't be the head of Thieves and Fighters guild at the same time, IIRC. Or maybe you could if you did Thieves first, but I think not.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• I AM the head of the Thieves and Fighters guild. At the same time. I did fighters first, then thieves.

Comment

• I took over the Mage's Guild; House Hlaalu is next.

Comment

• Sorry, Skanky, I checked my facts. If you have advanced far enough in one of them without joining the other, then you can't join the second one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                    Sorry, Skanky, I checked my facts. If you have advanced far enough in one of them without joining the other, then you can't join the second one.
                    What is the reasoning behind this? Is there a quest that keeps you from doing so, or?

Comment

• Yeah, one guild won't like a certain quest of the other....

Comment

• If you're talking about the 'codebook' quest - there are ways around that little dilema ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                          Sorry, Skanky, I checked my facts. If you have advanced far enough in one of them without joining the other, then you can't join the second one.
                          Thats good, Solver.

It does, however, go against my facts.
                          I am in both guilds.
                          I am the head of both guilds.

How do you counter those facts?

Besides, I would like a specific reason why you can't join both guilds - the exact conflicting quest - so I can shoot it down. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ravagon
                            If you're talking about the 'codebook' quest - there are ways around that little dilema ...
                            Yes there are. Here are the steps I followed:
                            1. Get quest in Balmora
                            2. Go to Ald' Rhun fighters guild and talk to the former guildmaster about her. He'll say she can be persuaded into giving up the book.
                            3. Pick-pocket her / get her to attack you. Kill her.
                            4. Make amends with Theives, first offence is $1,000
                            5. Pay off bounty on head in theives guild, ~$500.
                            6. Finish mission.
                            cIV list: cheats
                            Now watch this drive!

Comment

• Yes there are. Here are the steps I followed:
                              1. Get quest in Balmora
                              2. Go to Ald' Rhun fighters guild and talk to the former guildmaster about her. He'll say she can be persuaded into giving up the book.
                              3. Pick-pocket her and get book.
                              6. Finish mission.

I couldn't finish that mission for quite a while, so just leveled in the thieves guild while I waited. With enough skill, you can steal from her without her noticing (with a bit of luck). To rub it in, you can then immediately talk to her about the book and she will say "You already have it, what more do you want?"

Alternatively you could taunt her, kill her and theoretically have no bounty nor be kicked out of the thieves guild for your trouble. And, of course, get the codebook.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                                player->additem "bk_dispelrecipe_tgca", 1
                                That gets you the recipe book, for anyone else stupid enough to steal the item and then sell it somewhere else.
                                I missed this. Did the same thing with a lot of things I found when I was just learning the game, then found out that I needed them later and found myself in a world of hurt trying to locate whomever I'd sold them to.
                                It was at this stage that I came to realise just how big the world actually was.

Now if I'm unsure about something new I make sure I sell it only to my creepy little friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X