No announcement yet.

WarCraft 3 - better than StarCraft :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WarCraft 3 - better than StarCraft :-)

This is the new all purpose Warcraft3 thread
    If there is a StarCraft thread then there should be a WarCraft 3 one, because it is a better game
    Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Hehe I agree, though at present I have given it (MP) up, again. It just takes too much time to play per day when you get up to the high levels.

Comment

What are you smoking?

Warcraft 3 is worse than Starcraft and Warcraft 1&2
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

I finished the Starcraft single-player campaigns.
        I can't say the same for Warcraft 3.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I can say that I finished both Starcraft and Warcraft 3, and Warcraft 3 is definitely better, especially for MP.
          In Starcraft there are only units, and all strategies are "build as much as you can from unit type 1 or types 1 and 2". WarCraft3 offers much greater variety that include heroes, items and creeping besides the units.

Comment

Yeah WC3 is better, and it should be. However if it wants to gain the reputation of BW as a balanced game with a world pro circuit more needs to be done yet.

What level are you Bakalov?

Comment

of course it is! Star craft was terible, but it is unfair to compare such a good concept to such a bad one.
              Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
              Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Dr Spike, I have only a few games on b-net (5 victories and 5 loses I think), but I have played hundreds of games on LAN. This is because our firewall here does not allow connection to battle net and I play in there only from a friend's office .... One of my victories was against one of the best players on the server where I played, and I'm very proud of it :-) It was on 2vs2 though.

I play with NE/Priestess of the Moon, 2nd Keeper. I know that the best players of NE use Demon Hunter or Keeper of the grove, but I like to be somehow different :-) I use two barracks (AoWs) and only a single gold mine. Mostly I build Archers, Huntresses and Ballistas (they use the same upgrades).

What race/style do you (or anyone else) play? I'm waiting for comments ....

Comment

Warcraft 3 versus Starcraft? Where exactly is the competition? Warcraft 3 wins easily... but of course, Starcraft is the worst RTS game I've ever played...
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Priestess first is dubious, except in the NE mirror. Showtime (a famous player) often goes with her first in that case. Dual 'rax is good V orcs but I'm not sure on the other matchups. A straight or quick tech to master level bears is the most difficult NE strat to beat as humans.

I used Orcs and Humans when I played competitively.

Comment

What are you smoking?

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Why the Priestess is good vs night elves? Now entangle stops the starfall, so NE has protection against it. But this is not my main reason to play with her - the trueshot aura is what I like most.

What strats do you use as a human? I have friends humans that use Archmage and Blood mage to cast blizzard and fire storm on the same spot (quite devastating). Paladin itself is a very strong hero. The humans have excellent spellcaters for slow, inner fire and dispel ... I just haven't played enough with them, though they seem to be an interesting race too ....

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                          It just takes too much time to play per day when you get up to the high levels.
                          It's actually a time saver - you get to play Diablo and Starcraft at the same time!
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by bakalov
                            Why the Priestess is good vs night elves? Now entangle stops the starfall, so NE has protection against it. But this is not my main reason to play with her - the trueshot aura is what I like most.

What strats do you use as a human? I have friends humans that use Archmage and Blood mage to cast blizzard and fire storm on the same spot (quite devastating). Paladin itself is a very strong hero. The humans have excellent spellcaters for slow, inner fire and dispel ... I just haven't played enough with them, though they seem to be an interesting race too ....
                            Priestess first is usually too weak, even though she has a nice aura. If I see her first as Orc or Human I chuckle. Try going with her second after a dh, or maybe Beastmaster (although naga is usually second hero in both cases, or keeper with no taverns). You'll need reasonably major tier one to make it worthwhile, but you can kick archers from one rax whilst teching in reasonable speed to dotts for fairie fire, and maybe bears as meat shield. Dual rax is often questionable IMO on the ladder maps unless its 2 rivers; good players will just tech to better units whilst harassing or creeping. If you do it you need to attack early enough and do enough damage to justify expending those resources on tier 1.

As human versus elf I go rifles/priests/breakers/knights at tier 3. Most annoying elf strat is harass and tech to bears. If you aren't comfortable with that go with some tier 1 units and creep whilst teching.

Paladin sucks versus night elf, with the archmage always first hero and the other 2 both good backup heroes the paladin only really makes an appearance as 3rd hero against other humans, where tier 3 is usually reached quite early. Personally I prefer the MK to the bloodmage, and definitely so versus elf. Bloodmage is killer with slow, but you can't go sorcs versus elf because the fairie dragons are too strong a counter.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Shoot, I wish you could play the Naga.

I'm an Undead player (that sucks). Basics are to use banshee's, then possess the strongest enemy unit they have. Causes chaos.
                              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                              *****Citizen of the Hive****
                              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X