• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warlords Battlecry II >>> WarCraft III
    Total Annihilation >>> StarCraft

Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Hi, DrSpike,
      I agree that priestess is weak, but she usually stays behind, and can easily runa away. You usually can invest in a Periapt of vitality to make her stronger. I agree that the other heroes probably are better, though. I just like to have a different playstyle :-)

Why you do not include some griffins and/or mortars in your army? I think that having some artillery units in the army is a must. I think that besides the heavy damage, they cause chaos like Frankychan suggested :-)
      Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Both have their place, though I don't like going heavy air versus a race with a strong air counter. And gryphons are tier3 of course. Versus orcs they sometimes get built, usually after some dragonhawks.

Mortar generally isn't worth investing in a workshop when you can kick rifles and casters. Exception is versus elf with bears/dryads, where I find straight rifles/casters less effective.

Comment

Hehe I think I could play along with you :-) I like when my human ally makes riflemen because they benefit from my trueshot aura ....
          But you must not underestimate the power of siege weapons vs unarmored units - they really tear them apart - huge damage + huge bonus damage vs unarmored - and you see lots of large blood spots everywhere.

Comment

How aboot Warcraft II vs. the almighty pile of excriment satrcraft?
            Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
            Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

OK fine I'll be the first to say something. WARCRAFT II starcraft falls to everything Even all of those crappy Sim City games.
              Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
              Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                What are you smoking?

Warcraft 3 is worse than Starcraft and Warcraft 1&2
                I agree... Starcraft is the ultimate in RTS. No game has surpassed it. RoN has come close... but fails in replay value. Warcraft 3 is just stupid... I suppose the Everquest fanboy crowd will love it, but true strategy fans will stick with the best: STARCRAFT!

I'd even go so far as to say Starcraft is the best PC game to date.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Hehehe - there is nothing "clever" to do in Starcraft, and if you call the more complex Warcraft "stupid" this means that you just don't have the potential to understand it.

Comment

P. S. I don't smoke anything. And I haven't smoked anything ever :P

Comment

Originally posted by bakalov
                      Hehehe - there is nothing "clever" to do in Starcraft, and if you call the more complex Warcraft "stupid" this means that you just don't have the potential to understand it.
                      WTF WTF WTF WTF. (HEAD EXPLODES)

I'll Send j00 some SC replays and you TELL ME after watchign taht **** that SC isnt complex.

Theres friggin TWO, not one TWo channels dedicated to pure starcraft strategy in korea. WC3? Its fun and it has depth in its own way (I like the addition of heros. it changes alot of things) but I dont see it having 2 hardcore strat channels for WC3 anytime soon, nor I dont imagine it being played 5-6 years from now...
                      :-p

Comment

When u guys are dissing SC...

Is it:

1. u guys *****ing about some lame personal preference that has no place in arguing why SC sux cause it doesnt apply to like 99.9% of the population?

OR

2. All yall are scrubs and cant get a single win on b.net?
                        :-p

Comment

I hope you are right about it being a better game. If it is I am going to be mad at myself as I bought it day 1 and still have not played it.

SC was a great game, but then so was Warcraft.

Comment

Warlords Battlecry II >>> WarCraft III
                            AMEN StLeo AMEN!!!!!

There is no greater RTs game ever made.

And noone has even heard of it except us two

-Jam
                            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

SC is iconic, but WC3 will be played 6 years for now for sure. Already many of the big Blizz RTS gamers have switched, and more and more of the big money tourneys are emphasising WC3 over SC. Soon those Korean TV channels will be switched or at least matched. WC3 is still waiting for 'the' patch........once that arrives the last resistance will crumble.

Comment

It may be popular, but it really lacks the depth of WBC2, sorry Spike.

-Jam
                                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Working...
                                X