Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't realise there was a 50/50. I just assumed on ending up here when I accellerated into the corner. Guess I got lucky.

Doc has a slim chance of winning still, but it does look good for me.

Orders sent, and we'll see what happens.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• This race (was or will) be decided my many many other factors. The 50/50 here is just the last one of them. I think the race was more decided in the crashes. Without them, you guys may have never taken the shortcut.
      And I think you totally misplayed the most recent straightaway run. You had the most advantagous position coming out of the shortcut and you let him take it away. So I don't think you can simplify it down to this last roll.

And of course, after saying all thay, YEAH, you got screwed on the roll. But I do wish both of you had a WC or two left, since it would have made for a real exciting finish.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Well of course most of that is true. Coming out of the shortcut I would have slipped if I had thought it would be allowed.

But that's not the point. Ever since Jamski braked from 7 to 5 the game has been over conditional on the 50/50. If it went as I initially thought was the rule, I had a forced win. If it went the way it did in the game there was nothing I could do to prevent Jamski winning.

It's unfortunate to decide the game that way (not for Jamski ), but that's life. It is, however, undeniably true that the 50/50 decided the game from the point I specified.

From earlier? I don't know if either of us could have played better, probably both, and until the wildcards were exhausted it's too complex to be called deterministic. After Jamski used his last to brake it's quasi-deterministic - ie decided by one random event, the 50/50.

Comment

• I was hoping you'd get the break there to keep it interesting.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• But it would have been just as disinteresting if I 'won' the roll. Just with a different result.

Comment

• Shall we call it 10 poinst for me, 8 for Doc and so on then... and prepare for the next race?

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• Originally posted by Doc
                ........is it genius driving towards a glorious win or sheer stupidity? Stay tuned to find out.
                The answer is in.

Well done Jamski.

I withdraw. Bring on the next race.

Comment

• Well driven Doc, and no greater honour is there than that of a graceful loser.

-Jam

Comment

• While I hate to see the race end prior to it's conclusion.......

Who will be the next race GM since I need a break and would prefer to just race this time.

Or do we just want to use Space's NASCAR as the next race?
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Not me. I'm already GMing Mafia and 5-a-side.

I'm happy to play Nascar... if I knew what it was

-Jam

Comment

• In case you weren't joking.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Shouldn't you be closing this one?

What????? Someone had to say it.
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• I probably will tomorrow to give all the other players a chance to post their congrats, etc.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Opps, didn't see the 500,

Toast.

please continue in http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=110761
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X