Greatest action game ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest action game ever

What! No Max Payne 2 thread! Has no one played this game? Or nobody liked it (impossible)?
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

I never finished the first one.

Comment

greatest action game ever? wolfenstein 3d.
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

incredible story for max payne 2 though. like watching a good movie.
        When the stars threw down their spears,
        and water'd heaven with their tears,
        Did he smile his work to see?
        Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Comment

Doom. The level-design was superb.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Max Payne 2 was adequate, but sooooo short. I admit to hating the awful comic book story, so maybe I am biased. I liked the first game until I realised it was not a joke.

Max Payne is a good console style game. I expect more from a great PC action game, like System Shock 2 or Deus Ex (1!)

Comment

I have 2 but haven't played it yet, since I don't have 1.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
                greatest action game ever? wolfenstein 3d.
                This is no a poll!
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                  Doom. The level-design was superb.
                  Again, this is no poll! MP2 is the best!

Comment

banana
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                      Max Payne 2 was adequate, but sooooo short.
                      True.
                      Originally posted by DrSpike I admit to hating the awful comic book story, so maybe I am biased.
                      I hated it at first in MP1, but it gives it a special glance.

Originally posted by DrSpike Max Payne is a good console style game. I expect more from a great PC action game, like System Shock 2 or Deus Ex (1!)
                      SS2 or DE1 are action games but with RPG elements - to much RPG elements to be a true action game.

Comment

I got this for X-mas from the cowgirl, but my comp was not up to snuff. Just got the new one built and played a few hours on Sat. So far the graphics are sweet (or maybe it is just the new system) and the gameplay reminds me of the old MP, I'll be playing a few more levels today for sure...since I'm at home sick and everything!

I loved the facial expressions on Max (had to be a cutscene). First shooter that I've played where the cutscenes look like they were rendered with the game engine. I almost forget that I'm in a cutscene and find myself mashing keys and trying to shoot.
                        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Obstructor: They are action games that also have depth for free. But if you insist, Half Life has no RPG elements, and that's better than MP2 even though it's old.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                            Obstructor: They are action games that also have depth for free. But if you insist, Half Life has no RPG elements, and that's better than MP2 even though it's old.
                            Well I can`t argue with you since I didn`t play Half Life

Comment

Hehe, I know lots like MP2.

For me though it's part of a nasty trend towards pretty games whose substance is lacking, and whose plot would only satisfy 14 year old console gamers.

But then I'm fussy.

Comment

Working...
                              X