Nuclear War VI signup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuclear War VI signup

Nuclear War V is coming to a close, so let the signup for VI begin. The rules are in the thread linked to, and the gamesmaster is provisionally General Tacticus.

I signup btw.

Full list:

Gamesmaster:

GeneralT

Players:

DrSpike
    ADG
    Skanky
    Jamski*
    Vlad
    SC

*ok he is in now after his whining.
    Last edited by DrSpike; February 9, 2004, 14:16.

Well, before we begin the enxt game, does anyone have any suggestions as to how we can drag the game out a bit? The last one was very short.

Comment

Don't let Jamski and SC play?

Comment

Hehe, on a more serious note we had more players in the earlier games I think, which contributed to the shortness of the last game.

Comment

Maybe by starting with 4 cities instead of 3, and nobody has spies from the beginning of a game... ?

Btw, since this is a sign-up thread, I'd better sign up... city names will be posted later
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I think one spy and 3 cities is fine. But wait for 8-10 players, all of whom should be reliable ones.

Comment

GT >>

What do you do when a spy is sabotaging an nuke order, where this player has stockpiled some nukes? Will the nukes get 'un-stockpiled', or will this player be able to send 4 nukes next time?

And what about if player X sends a spy to gather information about player Y, then player X decides to nuke player Y. What happens to the spy? Does it get killed or not? It makes sense if this spy managed to get out of the city in time, since it knows some nukes are on the way...

Comment

1) The nukes remain; the spy prevented their launch, but didn't destroy the nukes themselves.

2) The spy escapes, for the reasons you stated.

Comment

I think if the stockpiled nukes are being fired, all should be sabotaged by the spy. If they are not being fired then of course they still exist.

Comment

That was why I asked, to see when GT thinks the sabotage takes place... the spy could in theori have planted some time-bomb on the nukes, making them explode in the air...

Comment

So it should be changed to work the way I said I think.

Also, point of order since it didn't come up before the last game. Should spies be able to sabotage bunkers? I think they shouldn't, since spies should have at least one possible counter. The spy should perish in a trap whilst searching.

Comment

/me takes a look at last game

I agree

Comment

Hehe, we are not rewriting history, since the precedent was set when I killed Skanky and in game it was the gamesmaster's call to make. For next game we should vote on changing it to what I suggested.

I vote change.

Comment

I also vote for a change...

/me starts building a time-machine

Comment

Should we also vote for spies interacting with stockpiled nukes? If so, I vote, quite unsurprisingly, for what I suggested above.

Comment

Working...
                              X