Lumberjack Tycoon, Brian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lumberjack Tycoon, Brian?

Well, according to this news at Apolyton Miscellaneous Section, BHG "has licensed SpeedTreeRT for an upcoming game title."

And what does this software do?

"SpeedTreeRT, released in December 2002 by Interactive Data Visualization, delivers lowpolygon, highly realistic trees, with adjustable wind effects, seamless LOD transitions, and an included library of hundreds of tree models from more than 80 core species. SpeedTreeRT includes SpeedTreeCAD, a Windows application used to create and edit animated trees in realtime."

So, will we see Brian Reynolds' Lumberjack Tycoon in the future?
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Sim Tree-Farm
    Can you provide enough ecologically friendly wood for your entire neighbourhood?
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Make BRAX people BRAX! Not lumberjack tycoon!
      Last edited by Illuminatus; February 4, 2004, 16:23.
      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor

BRAX people BRAX! Not lumberjack tycoon!
        Calm down people "SpeedTree for the phenomenal CAD abilities of the program, which we`ve used to create believable and compelling environments for our next game"

environments FOR the game. Which probably wont be set on Chiron, if theyre looking at realistic trees and whatnot. and probably won't be planetary in scale either.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
          FOR the game. Which probably wont be set on Chiron
          AYEE - my point exactly - he isn`t doing BRAX
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Rise of Beavers - The Rise and Fall of the Animal Kingdoms.

Comment

NeoTree... adopt a plant, teach it tricks, make sure it gets enough sun and water, and in about 400 years (real time) you'll have tree!!! Then you can have it fight against other trees to earn decorations.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

RON 2 - trust me on this one.

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                  RON 2 - trust me on this one.

-Jam
                  he will make it

we are waiting for BRAX for years dammit

Comment

RON 2? Oh, come on... they already have that expansion, "Throne and Patriots", to be released this year. I thought that BR left Firaxis because he was tired of doing the same thing...
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
                      RON 2? Oh, come on... they already have that expansion, "Throne and Patriots", to be released this year. I thought that BR left Firaxis because he was tired of doing the same thing...
                      Or perhaps that SMAC is actually BRAC - that kinda of thing

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
                        yeah, tired of making Sid's games and not getting enugg credit or $$. That could get repetitive, no?

So now hes making his own thing, why not go for MORE $$??? Till hes on firmer financial ground, at any rate.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                          Rise of Beavers -
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor

Or perhaps that SMAC is actually BRAC - that kinda of thing
                            Actually it's ACABRD
                            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I think it should be a BRAC - not include the fact he designed the game in name-
                              After all - Sid adds names to all his games - even those on whivh he didn`t work much like BRAC umm SMAC.

Comment

Working...
                              X