Do MMORPG's ever die?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THANKS
    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

I wonder if this thread will ever die

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
        I just told you, WWII Online.

It takes a real serious aproach, though - if you're looking for straight action, Planetside would probably be better. In WWII Online you can spend half an hour driving in a tank collumn only to be taken out by an ambush before even seeing an enemy. You have to really coordinate with other people and take part in organized attacks, or your time will be spent running/driving for hours only to be killed by people you don't see.
        sounds realistic - war is hell.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

sounds realistic - war is hell.
          Exactly. Which is why not everyone would enjoy it. But still - the frustration of be killed before you even see an enemy is worth it to experience the co-ordinated attacks, and seeing tank collumns and bomber fleets working together to take out a town's defenders.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I wonder if this thread will ever die
            Not if I have anything to say about it

the frustration of be killed before you even see an enemy is worth it to experience the co-ordinated attacks, and seeing tank collumns and bomber fleets working together to take out a town's defenders.
            I like killing people in little towns Kinda like in Medal of Honor Allied Assault where you kill the nazis in that one little town. I love killing !

Comment

World of Warcraft is looking superb. Take a look at battle.net for the newly released transportation movie from WoW.
              WOW!
              Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

kool!

Comment

I think World of Warcraft may be the first MMORPG that I buy. But I'm still a bit wary, because some of Blizzard's top dogs have moved elsewhere.

Blizzard is a good company. Although I admit I have never played Warcraft . Or Starcraft . I just don't like RTS games. I suck at them. But I did enjoy the Diablo games, even though they were essentually action games, something about them were compelling.

Blizzard is very good at creating compelling games with good gameplay.

And you can play as undead!! How cool is that

Comment

Working...
                  X