Gamers speak another language.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamers speak another language.

Do you understand any of these gibberish? Lets start with the most familiar gibberish for many here. Civ III.

Civ 3
    Anyway, 1) we need to get a warrior back to SAG, 2) if Thors Hammer (TH) is only singly defended, the Persian Galley could go 7-4-2 into that bay by TH and drop an archer on the mountain at TH3, which could be bad, since it would take 2 moves to get another defender in there. And is there only one warrior in Asgard? If we move him toward TH now he could get to TH or back to Asgard if the Persians dropped next to Asgard. But... but if they drop at TH3 and the Egyptians e.g., drop at Asgard 7,8, or 9, the defenses are stretched a little thin.

Soul Calibur 2
    3B+K is not a good move...full stop.

i17 bs-2 bounce on CH.

CH guarantees a 6K juggle. NO combo on normal hit.

Stomp is not good in juggles, it's good in wakeups. SO the stuff u mentioned isn't guaranteed, the stomp PROBABLY is, but it ends there, and the damage will be pathetic.

Virtua fighter
    other setups: Kage's K+G crumples, but good luck finding a way to punish the TR... you can't exit jumonji stance after it without tapping guard, which takes too long. [JM]P+K is your only starter, and followups are limited to low-to-the-ground hits. Once the opponent is backstaggered, only flop combos are useful, kage has no good float combo starters here. f+K+G is your fastest useful followup. A nice variation after the uf+KG is to do a dash kickflip rather than the d+P+K,K.

Starcraft
    12 Hatch fast expo This is where you get to 12 drones, then make your second hatch at your expansion. This is SOP against terran. If they try to take it out, just send in two drones and have them sunken down when the hatch finishes. Now standard is now loppin down a hydra den and makin a lair so you go lurks, hydras and lings against his M&Ms.

Tekken

Also, if the walls are at a 90 degree angle, might as well do (W!) ws+4(W!), dss 3(W!), dss 4,3(or tell me why not to add on the dss 4,3)
    :-p

Idiots speak another language.

I don't care if you play a computer game. If you want people to understand you, you can speak in understandable terms.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

The people they're talking to understand what they're talking about, and that's all they care about.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Osweld is just sour cause he cant play C&C for ****.

Comment

CHess
          A Half-Open Defence appealing to the attacking player. Black replies P-QB4 to White's KP (move 1, left), risking certain pawn weaknesses to begin a Q-side counter-attack - a real fighting defence! The pawn structure dictates the nature of the game played, and main play runs to either the Dragon (eg. move 8, right) or the Richter-Rauzer. Other lines include Schevengen and Najdorf Vars., the Morra and Wing (incl. Wing Deferred) Gambits, and the Close.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            The people they're talking to understand what they're talking about, and that's all they care about.
            I know, the idiots can blather to themselves all they want. Just don't blather to me.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

As long as you dont claim to know **** and say something idiotic, they wont "blather" to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
                As long as you dont claim to know **** and say something idiotic, they wont "blather" to you.
                Why would I speak to them in their own way, if that's what I'm trying to avoid hearing?

Do It Ourselves

Comment

If what they are saying is within context, then it is perfectly understandable.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld

Why would I speak to them in their own way, if that's what I'm trying to avoid hearing?
                    you dont. you just talk like an idiot, not like one of them.

Comment

It's like chess. Chess has its own unique terminology also.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It's just technical shorthand- every occupation or interest has a quick notation system. That's not necessarily stupid or idiotic.
                        cIV list: cheats
                        Now watch this drive!

Comment

p.s. Yes, I understood most of that
                          cIV list: cheats
                          Now watch this drive!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                            It's like chess. Chess has its own unique terminology also.
                            Probably why he quoted a passage from a chess game...
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

If you play the games I'm sure all those make perfect sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X