Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuclear War III

Basic rules:

Each player starts with 3 cities, and may perform 1 order each turn. Orders should be sent to me through:

PM
    MSN Messanger: a_grau @ hotmail.com

(When orders has been sent, please post a “sent” msg in the thread, to make sure I have received the order).

If you don’t send any orders for a turn, you wont be auto-set to do something (I wont deflect for you, I wont do anything for you... ), and since I post a msg from time to time in the forum about who’s still missing to send orders, people can see who’s open to receive nukes, so be sure to send them

If you don’t send your orders there’s consequenses. Unless you can come up with a good reason BEFORE you’re missing your orders (i.e. if you’re going on vacation tell us BEFORE you leave, not when you get home)

Code:
    # of turns missed:	Consequenses:
    1:			nothing
    2:			You’ll lose one city this round
    3:			You’ll lose two cities this round
    4:			---------you’re got Wasted--------
    Each turn takes about 24 hours (Ending at 9 pm GMT each day) (Though there might be some changes, so don’t count on it being ready every day at this time... maybe it’ll be earlier, maybe later). If I have received all orders before time runs out, the turn has ended and I’ll post the results early

1 hour before ending, people who have sent their orders wont be able to change it, unless you have issued a spy mission

Spy missions doesn’t count as an order: e.g. you can sabotage an enemy and nuke him in the same turn. Each player starts with one spy

Orders:

Launch Nukes:
    The player can launch two nukes. The nukes can be launched at different players or they can be launched to the same player

Deflect:
    When deflecting nukes to a certain player, each second nuke* will be sent to another player (Which has to be included in the orders). The nukes which get deflected is: 1, 3, 5… while 2, 4, 6… will hit

Hide in bunker:
    Each player has one bunker. When used, ALL nukes gets destroyed (Not deflected). When used, the bunker is unavailable.

Train a new spy:
    Just like it sounds. (Each nation starts with one spy)

Build City:
    You get one extra city. You’re not allowed to build two cities two months in a row (If you build one in February, you can’t build a city before April)

Sabotage (Spy):
    When using sabotage on another player, the other players orders will be cancelled. This kills the spy used

Observe (Spy):
    When using a spy to observe a player, the other player gets information about the other player’s orders. The spy only dies if the other player is being nuked the same turn.

Because of lack of participitation in earlier games, Nuclear Master and Sheep wont participitate

Mini Game

And maybe we could make a special mini game for those who already lost their cities:

After losing the last city, you will be taken prisoner, and be thrown into some large arena of some sort. You get 50 health

Each turn (Both games has same length turns) you can issue orders:

Heal:

This gives you 5 health (You can get up to 100 health), but can’t be used with other orders

Attack:

You can chose to give attack orders on one or more people in the arena, though this is gladiator style, so you have to give a specific number of attack points to specific players, e.g. giving 10 attack against player 1 and 15 attack against player 2, gives you 25 points left to distribute. You can’t attack with 0

Power:

How much damage would you like to do against your enemy, if you succeed. This also needs to be given to different players. Following the above example: With 25 points left, you choose to give 5 points to power against player 1, but 10 against player 2, giving you 10 points left

Defense:

The defense is the same against all players, so giving 10 in defense requires all players to attack with a higher attack than 10. If someone attacks with the same amount as the defense at the attacked player, it only gives half damage, rounded down (Power on 5 only gives 2 damage in this case)

Buy weapons:

You can buy different weapons for use in the game, but they all cost you some health: (Weapons does not stack… you can only use one weapon each round). You start with one sword. You can buy a weapon and attack the same turn.
    Sword: Cost: 5 health – Gives 1 more point in attack and power – Can be thrown*
    Gun: Cost 10 health – Gives 3 more points in power, 1 more in attack, lowers defense by 1
    Machine gun: Cost 20 health – Gives 10 more points in power – Lowers defense by 2 - Limited bullets**

Buy defense:

You can by defense and attack the same turn. They also cost you health.
    Simple shield: Cost 4 health – Highers defense against swords and guns with 2
    Spiked shield: Cost 8 health – Highers defense against swords and guns with 2, and highers attack with 2

* Throwing weapons at a player gives you 5 more points in attack and power, but you’ll lose the sword for ever (Can’t be picked up again )
    ** Limited bullets makes this weapon only useable for 2 turns

The weapons part might be too complex… what do you think?

When signing in, please vote if you want to play with the mini-game or not? With the posted rules, changed rules, or don't want to play that mini-game?
    Oh, and please post your city names also
    This space is empty... or is it?

In
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Comment

Oh, and one more rule: After 12 turns city building will be prohibited

Players:

Code:
        Skanky Burns:		Beryllium, Boron, Carbon
        DrSpike:
        GeneralTacticus:	Kish, Stigmata, Byzantium
        Asmodean:		Tarup, Kollemorten, Tinglev
        Jamski:			Bog, Squathole, Dunny
        Comrade Tassadar:	A, B, C	
        Pave:			New Heinola, Disney World, Old Bull Dodga
        Spaced Cowboy:		Biitme, Dummas, Bootfook.
        Sandman:		Lilliput, Brobdingnag and Laputa
        Azazel:			Einstein, Shrodinger, Bohr
        Vlad Antlerkov:		Boston, Cambridge, Worcester

First round will end friday or saturday...
        Last edited by Adagio; December 17, 2003, 11:41.

Comment

I'm in.

My three cities: Kish, Stigmata, and Byzantium.

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
            Oh, and one more rule: After 12 turns city building will be prohibited
            Hehe, this might give an incentive for lots of building early.

Comment

That's why I also included the other rule: can't build cities 2 rounds in a row...

Comment

Yes...I want to play again.

Cities: Tarup, Kollemorten and Tinglev

Asmodean
                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                  That's why I also included the other rule: can't build cities 2 rounds in a row...
                  Hmm, also questionable, since players will have some knowledge of what options are open that turn. I'd remove both those suggestions..........the first game lasted a perfect length; the only reason the second game was drawn out was the inclusion of govts, and the overpowered propaganda.

Comment

...and the inclusion of Sheep... during the first 6 months he did nothing but build cities... or sleep

But we can always vote for it... who agrees on having the city-building limit, and who doesn't???
                    Last edited by Adagio; December 16, 2003, 09:29.

Comment

I'm in I'll even play in the pit after I get nuked out early.

Cities : Bog, Squathole, Dunny.

(map colour purple please)

-Jam
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

That reminds me... could someone make the map (Doesn't have to be world map... I prefer to be a fake world), and make it easy to add more cities... then I'll also edit the map each round... as long as it's easy to get around (For a noob in Photoshop)

Comment

I'll play.

Cities: A, B, C
                          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

That reminds me... could someone make the map (Doesn't have to be world map... I prefer to be a fake world), and make it easy to add more cities... then I'll also edit the map each round... as long as it's easy to get around (For a noob in Photoshop)
                            How many players?

-Jam
                            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

And this one goes also:

Originally posted by DrSpike
                              How about all the dead people collectively have 1 nuke, and they vote each turn on how to use it. Then we can nuke the boring people.

How should the dead people vote? PM me with their individual votes, I'll count 'em, and shoot... if two players gets the same number of votes, the player who first got all his votes gets the nuke
                              Or should there be a leader of the dead people who counts the votes, and send them to me in last minute (This has to be one from Europe is my guess, otherwise not all people has time to vote?)

Comment

Working...
                              X