Fallout 3 is dead :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I blame consoles for everything.

I am going on a crusade to destroy consoles now. I am going to smash every console I find with a big hammer. even if I have to smash 100 million of them.

Comment

I blame consoles too; especially for Deus Ex: IW.

Comment

CONSOLES ARE THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL!!!!
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
          CONSOLES ARE THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL!!!!
          So they are! How should we get rid of them?
          XBox Live: VovanSim
          xbox.com (login required)
          Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
          Spore page

Comment

I bought Fallout 1&2 in a bargain bin. Such terrible games. The ideas were good but the programming/interface were awful. I worked so long to build up a hand to hand fighter and my reward was constant critical hits for 1 point of damage.
            Life is Grand!

Comment

hmmm, were you using power fists? or any of the other punch/kick moves such as haymaker or snap kick?
              When the stars threw down their spears,
              and water'd heaven with their tears,
              Did he smile his work to see?
              Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Comment

Bah, how can ANYONE say Fallout 1 & 2 were bad games? They are pinnicle of role playing!
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I personally couldn't get past the isometric view on it. I'm spoiled when it comes to RPGs (SS2, Morrowind, DX).

Comment

Originally posted by Tis I
                    hmmm, were you using power fists? or any of the other punch/kick moves such as haymaker or snap kick?
                    Ah, the fond memories... The first time I ever played Fallout, for some reason, I refused to use guns for a while... But I trained up so much in martial arts, that one kick would rip my opponents apart! That was something.
                    XBox Live: VovanSim
                    xbox.com (login required)
                    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                    Spore page

Comment

Comment

This is obviously fake.: humans don't hold miniguns like that.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

I personally couldn't get past the isometric view on it.

That's a silly reason not to like a game .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            I personally couldn't get past the isometric view on it.

That's a silly reason not to like a game .
                            How do you figure its silly? I didn't like the isometric view (gameplay). Its a big part of the graphics scheme.

But like I said- most of the other RPGs I've played were FPS or 3rd-person 3d hybrids.

Comment

How do you figure its silly? I didn't like the isometric view (gameplay). Its a big part of the graphics scheme.

Not liking a game because of its graphics scheme is, IMO, silly. That'd be like hating Civ2 because the graphics sucked for its time (and they did). I play for the gameplay. The graphics are just extra.

Comment

I think it's a legitimate reason not to like a game.

I suppose if you grew up on new 3d Games and never played the older games, you might not like them. Fallout is a little bit dated now. But for their time those types of 3rd person views were standard.

And there was nothing wrong with Civ2 graphics when the game came out. Compared to other games of its genre, the graphics were accpetable. Sure they couldn't compare to the graphics of Doom, but it's a completely different type of game.

And that screenshot above is supposed to be real. Check out the Interplay boards.

Comment

Working...
                                X