Fallout 3 is dead :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallout 3 is dead :(

More bad news at Black Isle Studios, where lead designer J.E. Sawyer resigned just last month (story), as Farewell, but not goodbye on the Interplay Entertainment Forums (thanks Nels Nelson) is a post from Damien "Puuk" Foletto that indicates that the studio is now shut down, referring to today as his "last day at the (former) BIS." This follows suit with a note sent along by designer John Deiley:

Today marks the end of an era. Black Isle Studios is no more. In yet another sweeping layoff of employees, Interplay has officially let go the last of it's Black Isle employees (save two that I know of) and dissolved the division. Also, the non-announced title that the division was working on, Fallout 3, has been "shelved" to quote management.

That sucks .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

wow
    When the stars threw down their spears,
    and water'd heaven with their tears,
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Comment

*Whispers* - another thread beat you to it mate.

It sucks doesn't it.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

this deserves another

Comment

Interplay has the rights to the game. If the BI guys hop on to, say, Troika, Interplay could contract them to finish the game... don't think it's likely though, but there's always a possibility. Certainly even Interplay's marketroids realise the potential. Then again, with DX:IW, I'm seriously starting to lose my faith in sequels.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
            Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                Interplay has the rights to the game. If the BI guys hop on to, say, Troika, Interplay could contract them to finish the game... don't think it's likely though, but there's always a possibility. Certainly even Interplay's marketroids realise the potential. Then again, with DX:IW, I'm seriously starting to lose my faith in sequels.
                see the other thread - The BI guys are at a startup called obsidian, and are working on a new project with Bioware. Doesnt seem like theyre working with Interplay though.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

sorry, Imran...

I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

i have to admit, though, that the subject in your thread is much more clear than mine...
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

better dead than released as a pos. I'm looking at you MoO3.

Comment

It will be made, since it is an amazing title. This simply means it'll be made in a decade or so.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Dunno, they plot it and kill it with appalling regularity. All that work building a new engine (Jefferson) and now Van Buren completely wasted so that they can finance a couple more crap console games. Give it a year and all that work will have to be repeated from scratch. Bah. I hope IPLY suits have permanent indigestion. They deserve it
                          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                          H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                            Dunno, they plot it and kill it with appalling regularity. All that work building a new engine (Jefferson) and now Van Buren completely wasted so that they can finance a couple more crap console games. Give it a year and all that work will have to be repeated from scratch. Bah. I hope IPLY suits have permanent indigestion. They deserve it

they sank Van Buren? Maybe they should call the console games Tippecanoe and Tyler, too.
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

All that work building a new engine (Jefferson) and now Van Buren completely wasted so that they can finance a couple more crap console games.

Damn console games... they can't hold a candle to Fallout!
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X