No announcement yet.

RPG's need an overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• although that's a forgeworld resin piece. bloody thing costs an arm, leg, and a testicle. Check out forgeworld's site for more beautiful and outrageously priced things.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Originally posted by Osweld
      I would love a roleplaying environment where magic is extremely rare, almost non-existant. Where a single magical trinket is something so powerful and rare that wars could be fought over it.
      Generically that's handled by dumping the characters in a poor mana world. What that means is magic is expensive. Spells cost at least double to cast, and you can't find alchemical items worth beans. My only problem with that is you might as well play in a sci-fi setting with alien artifacts replacing magical items.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• that's the storyteller system in general, dark cloud. just about any white wolf game out there with the exception of the street fighter game that has that.

Comment

• Originally posted by self biased
          although that's a forgeworld resin piece. bloody thing costs an arm, leg, and a testicle. Check out forgeworld's site for more beautiful and outrageously priced things.
          Cool stuff!
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Costs almost as much as Citadial stuff :eeek: Looks nice though. I made my WW launcher from the underside of the biggest square slotta-base (50mm?), some plasticard, some bits of a Spitfire, some old tat, odd bits and corners. I just used to collect anything that might be "useful". If I had it here I'd make you a photo, it doesn't look as good, but it cost almost nothing to make (apart from the Rhino kit, which cost 4 pounds 50 in those days.)

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• my roommate used to own a gaming store. i've got no end of bits at my disposal. the way i figure it, my whirlwind's about a $75 model when you take into consideration that i sprung for FW's $20 extra armor upgrade, and bought a razorback, instead of the rhino ($30). along with the $26 for the hyperios conversion kit... yeah. lotz. but i was smart, and i can switch out the missile rack for either heavy bolters or lascannons. i could even feild it as a command rhino, if i so chose.

Comment

• You can put lascannons on a Rhino now? Kinda defeats the purpose of the Land Raider then.

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• no, you can put lascannons on a razorback. you cut down on the carrying capacity by four from your standard rhino, but you get to add some weapons. bigger games i use the bolters, smaller, the lascannons. and the land raider's got some neat rules these days, too.

Comment

• Perhaps a GW thread is needed. I just love to bash those guys
                    Let's talk about how the 40K universe is a TOTAL rip-off of Frank Herbert (God-Emperor lives for thousands of years? Navigators? Etc?) With the addition of fantasy races in space (Eldar, Orks, Squats, Ogryns = Elves, Orcs, Dwarfs, Ogres)...

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                    X