Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIFA 2004 & TCM 2004 - the ultimate combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIFA 2004 & TCM 2004 - the ultimate combo?

Just thought you'd like to know I've been reading up on FIFA and TCM 2004.

FIFA 2004 will have a new career mode that uses a stripped down version of TCM, so finally some real management in this game but - here's the cool thing - if you own both games they can feed off each other as they share the same data! Yep, you can play on FIFA and then send the data to TCM, or you can play with your team on TCM and then actually play the matches properly by using FIFA.

Is this the ultimate soccer game combo we've been waiting for?
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Apparently Pro Evolution Soccer 3 wipes the floor with all footy games, and as we know, Champ Manager is the King of footy management. (not including CM4), i think this is a poor effort by EA to regain the footy crown.

Its a nice idea but FIFA's gameplay just doesnt keep my interest long term. I always used to dream of Sensible World of Soccer and Champ Manager combo back on the Amiga.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Sorry, what do you mean by "not including CM4"? Do you not think that CM4 is as good as previous versions?

BTW, the next version fo CM4 called CM03/04 is imminent.

Also, is the PC version of Pro Evolution Soccer 3 as good as the console versions of is it just a tacky-looking conversion?
      Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.

Comment

CM4 was unfinished when it was released in March(?), and it took a few months and 5 "Expansion Packs" to get rid of the more obvious bugs, but left in things like no stadium expansions, bugs in 2D mode and repetitive text mode, that was unforgiveable so i dont own the game anymore.

I wont be buying 03/04 either. After this version Eidos (the publisher) and Sports Interactive (the developer) will part company, Eidos will own the rights to the name "CM" and SI will keep the player database IIRC, so we'll probably see a new contender from SI.

Pro Evo 3 is supposed to be a pretty good conversion, with high resolutions and more options, this is what ive heard anyway, ill be buying it even if its a plain copy though.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

I have no qualms with CM4. To me it is the greatest in a series of great games.

The fact that Eidos will keep the name means nothing. Everybody knows that SI are the ones that develop this game, and the ones that can guaraantee quality in this genre.

All the researchers are working for SI, not Eidos, so the game wont lose anything by SI and Eidos splitting up.

Asmodean
          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

The game engine is still by SI too.
            -
            IIRC a demo OF PES has been released recently.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I also think that FIFA 2004/TCM 2004 combo is just a poor attempt from EA to regain the crown (not that they ever had it, every serious football gamer knows that WE/Pro Evol. Soccer is the real king). I have high expectations about Pro Evolution Soccer PC version, and there is no doubt that CM series is the best in football management.

It will be an interesting fight.
              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

The problem with football management games is that they are becoming increasingly complicated.

I miss the simple basic fun.

Yes, I never advanced past the CM2 1994/1995 edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
                  I also think that FIFA 2004/TCM 2004 combo is just a poor attempt from EA to regain the crown (not that they ever had it, every serious football gamer knows that WE/Pro Evol. Soccer is the real king). I have high expectations about Pro Evolution Soccer PC version, and there is no doubt that CM series is the best in football management.

It will be an interesting fight.
                  Hmmm...a footie game that uses the word soccer in it's title. What is the world coming to??

Asmodean
                  Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Hmmm...a footie game that uses the word soccer in it's title. What is the world coming to??
                    and a good footy game at that!

On realism, i think CM4 went abit too far, for example i loved dealing on the transfer market every summer in game time, but in CM4 its so frustrating, which is realistic, but its not fun to feel nothing works, IMHO.

I still think CM peaked with 97/98, and one of the big reasons it did was the brilliant interface that made the game appear simpler than it was.

Comment

Soccer was originally a British term.

Comment

Well, I've got FIFA 2003 and TCM 2003 and I'm still trying to get my head round them so I may hold back on the 2004 versions (until they inevitably drop in price before the 2005 versions) and perhaps I should consider PES 3 which I have never seen in action before. I take it that it has an indepth management system of its own, and all-in-one, the be all and end all of soccer games etc. It must be a HUGE game since it's coming out on DVD only I think.

Where can I get hold of the demo?

Comment

Google it for "pro evolution soccer 3 demo", theres a few.

I take it that it has an indepth management system of its own, and all-in-one, the be all and end all of soccer games etc.
                          Nope, no significant management system.

Comment

The PES crashes on my system every couple of minutes.
                            It seems to work on others though, so the proble might lie with me.
                            -
                            From what I have seen, it's pretty good.
                            I have read though that it is a ported PES2 that runs under a emulator on your PC, that's should explain the rather high specs.
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

high specs? Then it is not for me.

/me starts to dust off the FIFA 2002 CD once again.
                              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                              X