No announcement yet.

Warlords IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your are correct about the movement, that is how it works and that is quite common. A stack can not mover farther that the unit with the least moves left. Heroes would not let your stack move farther than the unit with the least moves and was that way as far back as I can remember.

Comment

Yeah, but what people have been complaining about is that if you add a unit with more movement points to a stack with less movement points, then the unit with more movement point left that turn would get it's number of MP's reduced.

And you can not get these MP's back by removing that unit from the stack again. The MP's are lost for that turn.

Asmodean
      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
        You only get one quest in each map now and it can be gotten only by a city with a shrine.
        Really? That's a bummer.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
          Yeah, but what people have been complaining about is that if you add a unit with more movement points to a stack with less movement points, then the unit with more movement point left that turn would get it's number of MP's reduced.

And you can not get these MP's back by removing that unit from the stack again. The MP's are lost for that turn.

Asmodean
          And the IGN review refers to moving over another stack or even attempting to reach another stack and not getting there still affecting the MP's of the units in that other stack. Now that smells buggy to me.

Warlords 1-3 would not allow a stack to move further than the MP of the slowest unit but it did not require you to move units in any particular order to preserve all the movement that they could achieve during the turn. Since nobody can jump you during your turn its not important who joined what stack when if all you do is move only that no unit exceeds its movement allowance by the end of your turn. The only in-turn time it could be important is if combat takes place. At that point it would indeed be fair to pro-rate all movement to the amount expended by the unit that has the least percentage of its move remaining.
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

Yes I discovered the hard way that if I have stack on the field with no movement left and move a unit to that stack it lost all remaining movement.
            I don't know if they intend that or not, so I can't say it is a bug. It could just be lazyiness.
            If you move to a point beyond the stack, it will jump that stack and retain it is movement ( near as I can tell).

Anyway I am having fun with it. I have several new games at teh same time as well as trying to get in my usual Moo1/2 games, so I am not blowing through it non stop.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              Do you like the Heroes series? What about AOW2?
              Heroes 2 is the best MP game I have ever played.
              I love all heroes from heroes 1 I played hot seat with a couple of friends to heroes 4.

---------------------------------

Never played Warlords series though. What are they like compared to Heroes? I hear Warlords 4 take place in Erathia.

Comment

Not quite, Erathia was for the Ironfist of Heroes or Might and Magic. Warlords is in Etheria.

Comment

Wow. Why are they so similar?

Comment

I don't know, but Warlords was first, could be they like that game.
                    I played Heroes first, so it caught my attention.
                    There is a huge back story to Erathia with lots of characters and they used the same lands in both Might and Magic VII and Heroes III. It was fun to see the monsters I already knew from HommIII.

Comment

Working...
                    X