Best Game Review site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamespot

For a time they did charge for reviews that were over a week old, thankfully all reviews are free again. That's pretty much the only free part though
    A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

I was going to say, I'm sure Gamespot doesn't charge. I guess from some comments here they used to. And I only started looking at Gamespot.com in the recent past, because up until quite recently we had (a completely free) Gamespot.co.uk.

Still, they are worth a look, as well as some non-commercial fan review sites. But check out the fan forums.......that way you'll see how buggy a release is, and whether people are happy with it.

Comment

As long as you keep in mind that some people will complain no matter what, generally because they are too stupid to figure out how to use the game themselves nor how to read the manual or even to do the tutorial before they vent their spleen online. But the overall feel of the forums will be able to tell you if the game has potential or not.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Previews mostly don't work. I got suckered into buying Star Fleet Command, which to me was a total lemon.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

wargamers.com whenever they actually do reviews.
            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
            -Bokonon

Comment

Here is a site worth book marking. Just about any game you want to know about is/has been reviewed by gamers who have actually played the game.

Overall, most comments are spot on:

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1

I do not know how good the reviews are, but I do know they do not get paid.
                They may not get paid, but... MOO3 is an "excellent game"? Gameplay 5/5 stars? Ok.
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Hehe no pay could mean independence, or imply unemployability.

Comment

moo3 isn't that bad is it?

I haven't played it, just asking

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                      moo3 isn't that bad is it?
                      It's worse. Trust me, I have played it.
                      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                      X