Best Game Review site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Game Review site?

Are any sites out there good? They all sound the same to me. It is rare to see a real negative review on any game. I believe they are all paid by the software companies to write positive things, therefore, they are a waste of time. Have you found any that are respectable?

none that I can find anymore.

gamespot charges a subsription just to read a review!

Comment

I read The Adrenaline Vault once in a while.

Comment

Gamespot doesn't charge, and they aren't averse to saying a game sucks.

Best though are usually fan forums IMO.

Comment

Lots of crap games received good marks, that's how it works (Chrono Cross, Black&White)
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

yes the black and white review suckered me in.

I rely more on demos and similar games of that type (infinity engine) to help me decide now.

Comment

Or spend 10$ a month for computer mags filled with stupid jokes and boobies
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

my computer gaming world magazines are still coming in. They are a pretty good mag. I doubt I will renew though. In fact they should have stopped sending them, but they keep coming in.

Comment

I do not know how good the reviews are, but I do know they do not get paid.

Comment

I don't know... I kinda like Gamespot. It turns out I don't often agree with the opinion of their reviewers, their video reviews coupled with the user reviews are usually enough for me to form a more or less informed opinion on the game. I also like, as someone mentioned above, that they don't mind saying a game sucks. They have no problem criticizing features. And from that I can figure out for myself if I would really not like that feature or not, also.

Besides, $20 a year? That's nothing if you ask me. The same amount of stupid jokes and boobies as DF gets, but at a lower cost.
                    XBox Live: VovanSim
                    xbox.com (login required)
                    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                    Spore page

Comment

some of us like boobies

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                        some of us like boobies
                        Then you have to use Gamespot, for you get them there for cheaper than in print. Now, if you were a stupid jokes addict, you'd have to subscribe for IGN.
                        XBox Live: VovanSim
                        xbox.com (login required)
                        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                        Spore page

Comment

I don't like boobies, WAY too squishy

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                              I don't like boobies, WAY too squishy
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                              X