The bin diver strikes again:Myst for $3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bin diver strikes again:Myst for $3

Well i suppose at that price ive already got my moneys worth - at least it ran.

Not sure i like the puzzly aspects - of course maybe thats cause im stuck. Maybe once I get the hang of it
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

I'd say you were ripped off

Comment

Blue pages... Red pages... heh.. hehehehehhhe!!

Comment

Well ive exlored all around myst island. I figured out which was the forecourt, and i correctly counted the marker switches, but couldnt figure out how to operate the imager. Finally checked out a website that told me how to do that.

I'll proceed from there.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I'm rather surprised that Myst isn't freeware by now.
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
            I'm rather surprised that Myst isn't freeware by now.
            well i think theyre still selling it packaged with Riven and Myst2. So they wont give it away. I bought a used copy from EB.

even if i only play through once, thats decent gameplay for $3. The stuff so far on Myst island looks clever, and the graphics are pretty, and its kinda fun in its own way. So im not disappointed so far (it helps that ive heard so many negtive things over the years - when your expectations are low, its hard to be disappointed)

Comment

Myst and The sims fall into that sub-genre known as Chick Games.

Kind of like "Chick" movies.
              "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Jac de Molay

do you like any adventure games?

Comment

Originally posted by Jac de Molay

Well princess of the mark, who doesnt much like my tbs and wargames, and who is lobbying for "the sims" seems to really like Myst, so i guess theres something to that. Although i also find myst at least somewhat enjoyable.

Comment

Myst was a stupid ass game. It was supposed to be super hard . You should beat it in less than a week.
                    "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
                      Myst was a stupid ass game. It was supposed to be super hard . You should beat it in less than a week.
                      I guess im not to good with puzzles, while ive figured out most on my own, ive checked out some hints already. Maybe also i dont have patience for thinking about the same thing over and over again, pixel hunting everywhere, etc. I suppose id prefer a more story oriented, less puzzle oriented adventure game.

Comment

It was $3 - stop whining.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                          It was $3 - stop whining.
                          You mean people pay more than that for games

Comment

What else could you buy for $3 that would give you 30 hours of entertainment?

Keep it clean Skanky.

Comment

i don't know why everyone bashes myst. it was a decent game especially if you played it way back when it was new. it has a good story, and great gfx(are they still great?).
                              Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Working...
                              X