No announcement yet.

GTA: Vice City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean the MP3 player radio-station... I didn't cut all sounds in the game, if that's what you think
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I know, I know...

But the whole thing just sweeps you in.

You have to listen to the radio - it's the 80s. No MP3 players have been invented yet

You know, this one time, a month ago, I was in the city center, it was around 2 or 3 AM, and suddenly I hear one of the songs on GTA:VC, by Laura Branigen (sp).

I turn around and see a car speeding on the almost empty road. Suddenly U-turns at an intersection and speeds back where it came from.

That was SOOO reminicent of GTA and very cool (though somewaht dangerous)

Comment

I usually listen to Espantoso, since I usually can't stand the 80s crap music.

Comment

Playing the mp3 radio only is like playing the whole GTA game without ever watching any of the cutscenes. As Siro said, it just adds so much more to the game's atmosphere.

I normally listen to Wave.
          Last edited by Skanky Burns; September 15, 2003, 09:51.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I always switch to the mp3 player eventually though, once I get bored of the same radio stations looping around. I try and pick songs that fit with the atmosphere, though (ie. lots of cheesy 80s and latino music for Vice City).
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
              Playing the mp3 radio only is like playing the whole GTA game without ever watching any of the cutscenes. As Siro said, it just adds so much more to the game's atmosphere.

I normally listen to Wave.
              I'd prefer to listen to someone scratch fingernails against the blackboard (is that the english name?) than to listen to annoying 80's "music"... only few artists from the 80's actually made music...
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I thought the same, but some of the songs are actually decent - enough so to make their way onto my playlists.

Try Atomic by Blondie, for instance.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Some of the good songs from the top of my head:

Judas Priest - You've Got Another Thing Comin'
                  Corey Hart - Sunglasses at Night
                  Jan Hammer - Crockett's Theme
                  Luther Vandross - Never Too Much
                  Bryan Adams - Run to You
                  INXS - Kiss the Dirt
                  Oliver Cheatham - Get Down Saturday Night

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                    I thought the same, but some of the songs are actually decent - enough so to make their way onto my playlists.

Try Atomic by Blondie, for instance.
                    That is a good song!
                    signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

I put the theme to Miami Vice mp3 into the custom channel.

Comment

Working...
                      X