GTA: Vice City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTA: Vice City

So, who else has got the game and absolutley loves it?

Did you know you can multiplay???

Multi Theft Auto is the first Grand Theft Auto multiplayer mod. Roleplay, race, deathmatch, zombies, and more. San Andreas is waiting for you.

I do!

Love the game, that is.

How do you play the game?
    I started out doing the ambulance mission right away so I could get a feel for the city layout and also so my person wouldn't be an unfit bastard who gets tired after a few seconds running. Then I did many many missions.
    Then I formatted my computer without backing the saves up, so started again.

Second time I did the ambulance mission first (grabbing armour and the uzi-style gun from two locations that I knew it was in). After that was complete, grabbed more ammo for the gun then saved. Went and got even more ammo, did the pizza mission, then grabbed more ammo and saved. Now that I had plenty of ammo, I grabbed more ammo and then started the vigilante missions.

So now, before even starting any missions whatsoever, I have 150 health and armour, heaps of ammo (that I didn't manage to use up in the vigilante missions), heaps of money and virtually all the properties that are available for purchase currently.

Unlike when I played GTA3, this time I am actually attempting to find all the hidden packages and rampage locations myself. I found around 40 or so packages on the first half of the map, and at one stage had travelled more on foot than in a car. Never getting tired running helps a huge amount.

Once I started doing missions though, I didn't stop. I checked all the islands on the map once they were open, but haven't really checked the final, left-hand side of the city yet. Plus now that there are helicopters, I will probably need to check the rooftops of all the buildings. But I'm insanely pedantic like that.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Tell me, how do you get into good shape??

Comment

Keep running around . It's exercise.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Do the ambulance missions to number 12. Then you never get tired. You can run from one end of the city to the other without stopping.

Or you can keep running, waiting for him to catch his breath, run some more. Rinse and repeat a hundred times.

My preference is the first - you can finish it quickly, it works immediately and you get heaps of cash from it.

Other interesting factiods:
          The pizza delivery mission will make your maximum health be 150. If you get one of those heart things that improve your health or save your game, your health will be at 150 rather than 100.

Vigilante missions do the same, only with armour to a maximum of 150. In this case, picking up armour will restore your armour level to 150 rather than 100.

I don't know what the Taxi missions do (if anything) nor the firetruck missions.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

For the PS2 version, but they should be the same.

Ambulance Bonus Items
            When not going through a normal mission, get in an Ambulance and press R3.

Save 35 pedestrians and a health refill will appear outside any of your save points.

Save 70 pedestrians and an adrenaline pill will appear outside any of your save points.

Complete the Ambulance level 12 and Infinite Run will be granted.

NOTE:You do not have to save the pedestrians consecutively. You can do it as you go through the game

Fire Truck Bonus Weapon
            While not doing a normal mission, get in a Fire Truck and press R3. There is a Fire Station on each island. Put out 20 fires on each island and a Flame-thrower will always appear at one of your three save points.

NOTE: The fire missions do not have to be done consecutively. Just make sure you have put out 20 fires in each area.

Secret Borgnine Taxi
            While not doing a normal mission, get in a Taxi Cab and press R3. Complete 100 Taxi missions and a new Taxi, the Borgnine Taxi, will begin to appear in Harwood.

NOTE: The Taxi missions do not have to be completed consecutively.
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Ah, those might be for GTA3 actually, not Vice City. Oh well, enjoy them anyway.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Re: GTA: Vice City

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                So, who else has got the game and absolutley loves it?
                I've got it, but I haven't played for a while... I haven't even finished the game yet... I've got like 70 packages at present time...

I didn't know about the unlimited running, by doing the medic missions... I always got tired of those missions...

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                Did you know you can multiplay???

www.multitheftauto.com
                There's also another MP mod out there, but that one is even worse the MTA... I played it on Lan, but it lagged extremely much... don't know if they have released a new version since my last try...
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I got the game for PS2 and absolutely love it! I have about 43% of the game completed. There's so much to do in this game that it's hard to get bored.
                  signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

I played it on PS2. Nice game, but it became boring about 65% into the game. It's good for 10 minutes worth of fun every now and then, but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                      I don't know what the Taxi missions do (if anything) nor the firetruck missions.
                      AFAIK, the taxi missions just give cash. My high-score is 130 drop-offs, I could have done more, but then I would have sacrificed some much-needed sleep =)

It's only good for cash and learning the city...

Comment

"Second time I did the ambulance mission first (grabbing armour and the uzi-style gun from two locations that I knew it was in)"

Pardon a question from someone who;s never played this game, but why would you need armor and an Uzi for an "ambulance mission"?

Im playing Simcopter, and there are medevac missions there, but no weapons are needed for them.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I didn't. I needed them for the vigilante mission. You go in a cop car and kill other criminals. The easiest way to do it is to pull up alongside them and pump their cars full of lead (an extended drive-by shooting) but the drawback is you need a large amount of ammo. Getting ammo early and often is a good idea if you want to do the vigilante missions early.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                            Completing all of the firetruck missions allows your character to be immune to fire.

I believe IIRC that completing all of the taxi missions gives you taxis which can jump.

check out www.gamefaqs.com for more info.
                            signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

O, those taxi missions. I never did them, but a mate told me it gives you a spunky taxi.

All taxis can jump by default, just press the Horn-button =)

Comment

Working...
                              X