Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal was pretty good.

Comment

I have to say there is a good deal of taunting in my MP games, but no butt-hurting. Perhaps a more careful choice of words might be advisable.

Comment

In-game taunts are a major turn-off for me. Yes, enough to make me quit playing the game.

I had to go through this with Tribes2. Fortunately, the engine in T2 allowed some modders to make taunt blockers.

Comment

I have to say there is a good deal of taunting in my MP games, but no butt-hurting.
          No butt hurting? So you never had any sore losers?

Comment

It's fine by me, so long as the person has SOME humility and I enjoy their company.
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Yes, it's easier if you're familiar with the other players and can easily sort out what's personal and what's just HOT AIR>
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I dont think there would be any merit in winning if the person didnt trash talk. There's nothing like forcing a trash talker to stop talking the talk and walk the walk.
                :-p

Comment

Agreed. Shutting them up by thrashing them is the best strategy.

Comment

"Trash talking" is the greatest feature of MP games. Your friend is a wuss, or he was no good and wanted a way out of losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Seldon
                      Unreal was pretty good.
                      It was ok, but the autotaunt got annoying sometimes. Speaking of Unreal taunts, why did everyone say "You fight like Nollie" all the time? I have no idea what that refers to.

"Trash talking" is the greatest feature of MP games. Your friend is a wuss, or he was no good and wanted a way out of losing.
                      See, that's the thing. He's not the best player, but he's certainly better than a good portion of the other people we play with. My theory is that he just can't handle losing. Originally he used to play with some other people. Some of those people still play, but my close group of friends that plays consistently now is quite a bit better than that other group. I think maybe he used to beat up on the old group, got used to it, and now just can't handle it when he loses.
                      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

I didn't realise Apolyton was home to all these annoying "quaker" types that ruin online games.

Trash talking is the reason I don't play any online FPS games anymore, it's like playing with a bunch of snotty 6 year olds all the time.
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Surely you don't want to waste good Sims-playing time posting here with us snotty 6 year olds.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                            Surely you don't want to waste good Sims-playing time posting here with us snotty 6 year olds.
                            Nope, I'll go back to my war-sim WW2online now, and play with the adults.
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
                              I didn't realise Apolyton was home to all these annoying "quaker" types that ruin online games.

Trash talking is the reason I don't play any online FPS games anymore, it's like playing with a bunch of snotty 6 year olds all the time.
                              I'm not sure why everyone is attacking you with the "Sims" and "Mario Sunshine" routine.
                              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Me and my mates often play linkup games on Halo, and the one thing that really pisses me off is when people congratulate their team-mates in a really over the top fashion, as if to taunt the other side. Aside from that, I also have a mate who takes it a little too seriously - that can seriously spoil the fun of everyone else, who are basically playing for a laugh rather than to win, because none of us are particularly good at the game.
                                "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Working...
                                X