Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BustaMike
    replied
    No, we are not quakers. me and my friends are the arrogant black guy at the arcade that ruins everyone's game by trash talking the **** out of them. We do it in your face. Text is... so dull.
    I like these people. It's so satisfying when you beat them over and over again .

Leave a comment:

• Zero
    replied
    Originally posted by Osweld
    I didn't realise Apolyton was home to all these annoying "quaker" types that ruin online games.

Trash talking is the reason I don't play any online FPS games anymore, it's like playing with a bunch of snotty 6 year olds all the time.
    No, we are not quakers. me and my friends are the arrogant black guy at the arcade that ruins everyone's game by trash talking the **** out of them. We do it in your face. Text is... so dull.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    There were a couple of games that were programmed with some decent insults for the player when they lost or did something silly. Always humorous.
    One of the best features of the SQ series. I used to kill myself in every possible way just to see the taunts when you die.

As for taunting in MP, if you know someone well, then taunting should be no problem.

I used to play MtG with two of my best buds, trash talking the whole time. The only reason for doing so is to deflect attention from your actual board position in a free-for-all. If you are weak, you want people to think you are just trying to lure them.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Hanson
    replied
    Me and my mates often play linkup games on Halo, and the one thing that really pisses me off is when people congratulate their team-mates in a really over the top fashion, as if to taunt the other side. Aside from that, I also have a mate who takes it a little too seriously - that can seriously spoil the fun of everyone else, who are basically playing for a laugh rather than to win, because none of us are particularly good at the game.

Leave a comment:

• Nubclear
    replied
    Originally posted by Osweld
    I didn't realise Apolyton was home to all these annoying "quaker" types that ruin online games.

Trash talking is the reason I don't play any online FPS games anymore, it's like playing with a bunch of snotty 6 year olds all the time.
    I'm not sure why everyone is attacking you with the "Sims" and "Mario Sunshine" routine.

Leave a comment:

• General Ludd
    replied
    Originally posted by DrSpike
    Surely you don't want to waste good Sims-playing time posting here with us snotty 6 year olds.
    Nope, I'll go back to my war-sim WW2online now, and play with the adults.

Leave a comment:

• DrSpike
    replied
    Surely you don't want to waste good Sims-playing time posting here with us snotty 6 year olds.

Leave a comment:

• General Ludd
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BustaMike
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry Seldon
    Unreal was pretty good.
    It was ok, but the autotaunt got annoying sometimes. Speaking of Unreal taunts, why did everyone say "You fight like Nollie" all the time? I have no idea what that refers to.

"Trash talking" is the greatest feature of MP games. Your friend is a wuss, or he was no good and wanted a way out of losing.
    See, that's the thing. He's not the best player, but he's certainly better than a good portion of the other people we play with. My theory is that he just can't handle losing. Originally he used to play with some other people. Some of those people still play, but my close group of friends that plays consistently now is quite a bit better than that other group. I think maybe he used to beat up on the old group, got used to it, and now just can't handle it when he loses.

Leave a comment:

• Verto
    replied
    "Trash talking" is the greatest feature of MP games. Your friend is a wuss, or he was no good and wanted a way out of losing.

Leave a comment:

• DrSpike
    replied
    Agreed. Shutting them up by thrashing them is the best strategy.

Leave a comment:

• Zero
    replied
    I dont think there would be any merit in winning if the person didnt trash talk. There's nothing like forcing a trash talker to stop talking the talk and walk the walk.

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    Yes, it's easier if you're familiar with the other players and can easily sort out what's personal and what's just HOT AIR>

Leave a comment:

• Nubclear
    replied
    It's fine by me, so long as the person has SOME humility and I enjoy their company.

Leave a comment:

• Harry Seldon
    replied
    I have to say there is a good deal of taunting in my MP games, but no butt-hurting.
    No butt hurting? So you never had any sore losers?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X