does anyone still play diablo 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BustaMike
    Say what you want Zero, but with the new 1.10 patch, a blessed hammer Paladin is one of (if not the strongest) characters.

And obviously I meant d2x... I said act 5 didn't I.

Download the beta, play a guy through hell, and see how easy it is. After that, tell me again that a hammerdin is gay, because mine can easily solo hell now .
    How is hammerdin possible in 1.10? is blessed hammer dmg enhanced? does conc stack with blessed hammer again? and are you playing with "player 8" or at least with on LAN with few players in the game?

I DLed beta. And I just got bored playing it since it wasnt on the realm. [sarcasm]Its weird, I need frequent server down time and lag in this game in order to be fun... [/sarcasm]
    I dont think my interest in this game will last till release of 1.10 in the realm........ :bleh:
    :-p

Comment

Like I said in a previous post, my hammers do over 5000 damage each. The closest thing I ever had to that in 1.09 was a nova sorc that could spam 3-4 novas a second for 1500 damage each (+13 to skills ). Spamming a bunch of hammers on the screen causes everything to die fairly quickly. This wasn't possible until 1.10, but now vigor and blessed aim each add 15% damage as a synergy for each point. Concentration also stacks.

I've been playing on players 4 (the console command to change the # of players is great). I really don't think I have the patience to play through hell on players 8, and really I'm not even sure if it's possible to solo hell with the monsters that difficult. My roommate and I tried it partied together and it was REALLY hard.

As far as boredom goes, I know what you mean. I played through 1.10 once so I could get a feel for it (it's really different), but I doubt I'll play through again until it's released on the realms.
      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
        On battlenet I have a 0.8 Vampire Gaze Grimhelm, 10% life leech and 8% mana leech

The trick for finding good stuff is doing LOTS and LOTS of Mephisto runs. I've done 40 runs in a day before. It's really the only way to go. UnOthO does a lot of gambling, that can work too, but it costs a ton of money to get something good.
        Running the council in Travincal beforehand can be a profitable addition. I tend to run a few other easy-to-reach bosses as well (such as Bone Ash), but only to delay the onset of boredom.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

My favourite character on realm was a Javie. With piercing and wall activation, the damage per monster could reach 20k+.

Best fun with javazons was pre-toned-down lightning graphics in 1.05. You could almost feel your comp gasping when the frame rate dropped to 0 and the screen was white. It was also fun running the RoF and Chaos with a WW spear barb. They had to follow behind because I could do more damage faster and with less risk.
          There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Working...
          X