Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone still play diablo 2?

I lost my first post so I am giong to copy this one first

I jsut started playing a version of 1.10 (I think it is a beta)

I have a levelk 16 paladin
    35 str
    60 dex
    45 vit
    15 e
    1 in zeal
    1 in sacrifice
    1 in smite
    1 in might
    1 in holy fire
    1 in thorns
    1 in blessed aim

I was going to do this
    5 in zeal
    13 in holy shield
    20 in vengence
    10 in holy freeze
    20 in fanaticism
    20 in conviction

but after seeing that things like holy freeze add to my damage and (if I understand correcntly) things like Salvation raising the damage of holy freeze and vengence just by having the skill (not using it)

I am thinking of something like this
    4 in zeal
    20 in vengence
    20 in holy freeze
    20 in salvation
    10-20 in resist cold (because it adds 14 to holy freeze and 6 to vengence)
    or 20 conviction
    or 20 fanaticism

now obviously I have wasted at least a point or three if I change and I would like to not waste anymore

so what do people think is the best?

can you use conviction (to take down resists) and than have it in effect when you switch toi holy freeze?

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

it is sort of hard to change right now because

thorns is to go up towards conviction
    blessed aim is to go towards fanaticism
    smite is to go towards holy shield

I guess smite could go towards charge and maybe I should be using thorns right now (have been using holy fire and might) but blessed aim just sucks

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I just started playing again with that previous diablo2 thread. It's funny how just reading about a game makes me want to play it.

I did create a Paladin. I'm not sure how viable he will be. I didn't want to do what I did before. So I just threw a whole bunch of points into Smite . I'm not sure how useful he will be. I currently just have a spiked shield. So my smite damage isn't all that hot. And a Smiteadin is more of a PVP build. But I rarely pvp, I'm more pvm.

Comment

and it's better to use holy freeze, and then switch to conviction. It's called "flashing" holy freeze.

And I have read that it's better to use more offensive auras. So I'd stick with conviction (the one that lower resists) rather than salvation (the one that protects from elemental damage). Though that can be useful against oblivion knights.

I have heard good things about holy shield- but that's more related to the smitadin build. If you aren't using a shield that isn't necessary.

Comment

Unorthodox stills plays, so does HTower. Direct IP games with 1.10 being arranged in this thread: http://central.masterzen.net/index.p...=ST&f=15&t=554

I think The Mad Monk is still into it too.
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Well it kinda depends wheter you actually use a Shield
            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I will start playing again when 1.10 gets released fully. I've been saying that for hmmm *checks watch* more than a year now, since that's how long this damn thing has been delayed.
              "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

holy freeze adds to your damage when you hit and causes damage of surrounding enemies

it is one of the changes is 1.10

threfore I am thinking I won'tflash it

I leveled up zeal to 4 in the mean time and took up vitality 10

Jon Muiller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

I have started experimenting with several characters (Paladin, Sorceress, Assassin) with the 1.10 patch. I am finding it a fair bit tougher than 1.09 (especially those upgraded minions) - I nearly died in the Den of Evil and did die in the Countess's Tower playing MP with another person...

Comment

1.10 promises to be loads of fun if it ever comes out. I must admit, I did take a few hours one night and experimented with the characters.

Using the item packs from diabloii.net I made a pretty sweet blade assassin. Those little stars are now 3/4 weapon damage and they leech . I used a delirium helm, a crescent moon weapon, bramble armor, whatever the new unique ring w/ chance to cast tornado and charges of heart of the wolverine, and an atma's scarab amulet.

I put zero points into traps. I maxed venom and shadow master, and stuck a point in the blade thinger (it's better with only 1 point because it costs less and the +dmg with more points is next to nothing)

This character ended up being ridiculous, part because of the great equipment I had selected, but I have a feeling it would still be tough w/o godly equipment as long as you have the delirium helm.

My char had chance to cast lighting, chain lightning, tornado, confuse (goes off all the time), and several other spells. These all work with the blade thinger because they are cast on striking. Venom damage also works with the blade deal. With the crowd control the confuse provided and the amount of life leach I had from my equipment, it was actually pretty easy walking thru hell act 5. I didn't play too far, and I'm sure there would be harder parts, but this build definately works.
                    "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

I used to play Diablo II. I just recently stopped playing it. I think I'll start it up again, if I can get through the 45 minute installation.

Comment

Still in it. Actually, just bought the game last month.

Got a 27th-level Paladin (v1.09), Hammer/Concentration build (both at skill level 10, with the other points going to the prereq skills, plus 1 each into Sacrifice and Zeal). Right now, I've smashed the Compelling Orb in Act III, but haven't entered the Durance yet. I'm planning to clear Normal with him, then retire him.

Re your planned build-- I'd suggest pumping either Conviction or Fanaticism. Or Concentration, or Vengeance, or anything other than the Resist One Element auras.
                        oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

well vengeance is already planned to be bumped

the point of the resist one aura is that it would boost holyfreeze+vengeance alot

not really sure if it would be worth it though

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

I used to play back in the day, but i'd only play hardcore, after i beat it, and i had a bunch of characters, but i'm too risky...i found two rings that had like a lvl 6 requirement and one would leeched 3% and some other things and the other leeched 4% so i was always a sacriden...though lag and LE enemies killed me around level 29 and that just frustrated the hell out of me, but even worse it killed everyone playing with me and i lost the rings

plus i think d2 was giving me carple tunnel, so i quit for a while and haven't played it since because my computer messed up

Comment

I used to play d2 so much it hurt my fingers and hands. But I havnen't been playing that much lately.

And yes my earlier post is relating to 1.09. I only play on b.net, so I'm not sure how 1.10 changes things.

Comment

Working...
                              X