No announcement yet.

is 256k enough RAM for current games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be sure! The simulation of older Windows versions seldom work... But the system is the best Windows to this date!
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
      Queen of the Mark acknowledges the need for a new PC - the old one is, well real old. The hard drive is close to full. Even Queen of the mark, who never plays games, has some software she wants that wont run on it.

Princess of the Mark is counting on us passing the old dinosaur 'puter to her when we get a new one. (she doesnt get much on the way of electronics so this is a big deal) She is also hoping that the new 'puter will play The Sims

When we got our new machine last year we passed on our older one to our little princess. It only had 128. For the next month all we heard was how SIMs played too slow on her machine and she continued to try to monopolize the new one. So we juiced her's up a 256 and while there was some improvement, she now claims that since she can't CHAT on her machine (since we didn't allow an internet connection in her room) she still tries to cut into DAD's civII MP gaming time.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
        (since we didn't allow an internet connection in her room)
        Wise move.
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

XP has problems with some of the older games, particularly DOS ones.
          Yeah but we'd be keeping the old Win 98 machine. So when princess of the Mark wants to play the sims (instead of doing kidpix and other art programs) she would use the "grown-ups" computer. If i feel a desire to play Simearth, or whatever, i would load it on her 'puter.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by rah

When we got our new machine last year we passed on our older one to our little princess. It only had 128. For the next month all we heard was how SIMs played too slow on her machine and she continued to try to monopolize the new one. So we juiced her's up a 256 and while there was some improvement, she now claims that since she can't CHAT on her machine (since we didn't allow an internet connection in her room) she still tries to cut into DAD's civII MP gaming time.

Yup, she'll have to use the new machine for the Sims, and we dont plan on her having a net connection in her room either.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Torturists... Think of how dependant you are of the net/poly/other page for your daily life!
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                Torturists... Think of how dependant you are of the net/poly/other page for your daily life!
                she can still go on the net - just has to do it under supervision

Comment

Then I am with you! Lots of bastards at the net, looking for innocent girls...brrr! My little sister has encountered some of them. Naturally, I cut the connection!

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                    Then I am with you! Lots of bastards at the net, looking for innocent girls...brrr! My little sister has encountered some of them. Naturally, I cut the connection!
                    so far shes mainly just interested in a few kid oriented websites (something about "neo-pets") and she has one friend who likes to IM and email her.

Comment

Oh, god. Neopets
                      cIV list: cheats
                      Now watch this drive!

Comment

What's that? You seem to know...

Comment

Join millions of players at Neopets today. Adopt and customize your Neopets, explore whimsical lands, engage in compelling quests, and craft your own unique adventure!

Neopets® is the greatest Virtual Pet Site on the Internet. With your help, we have built a community of over 50 million virtual pet owners across the world! Neopets has many things to offer including over 140 games, trading, auctions, greetings, messaging, and much much more. Best of all, it's completely FREE!

The pets kind of look like Pokemon.
                          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

The pets kind of look like Pokemon.
                            More like pests. What an annoying waste of time!
                            cIV list: cheats
                            Now watch this drive!

Comment

I have 768 mb of RAM(I've only got a 1.3ghz processor), and really think that 512 is the minimum you should have. You can get by with less, but that's no fun.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                                she can still go on the net - just has to do it under supervision
                                Exactly. Even though we allow her on when we're not there. There is only so much you can do, and they do need to make some decisions for herself. (she's almost 16)
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X