GTA - Vice City : Morrowind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTA - Vice City : Morrowind?

A couple of days ago, purely by random chance, I misclicked on a wrong entry and ended up looking at a review for Vice City. It struck me that the description resembled nothing less than some sort of a modern version of Morrowind.
    Could anybody who's played, preferably both, give an opinion as to how valid such a comparison may be?
    Specifically wrt both the non-linearity and the sheer size of the game map in Morrowind?

There didn't seem to be anything like the TES construction set for generating mods, maps, etc (although I found a site or two with some basic mods importing various bits'n'pieces from previous GTA's) which is a bit of a let down but I assume there's some sort of neural thingummy to keep generating random quests/missions/jobs after the end of the main quest?

Feedback appreciated.

The similarity of the reviews is caused by the fact that they are both very large games and reviewers have a limit on the size of their reviews.
    It is also caused by the limited ability of reviewers to cite ingame examples of good and bad behavior because it might "spoil" part of the plot. There would probably be more difference between "spoiler" reviews of the games for this reason.
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

Comment

but I assume there's some sort of neural thingummy to keep generating random quests/missions/jobs after the end of the main quest?

in GTA? Nope. The existence of such a thing would make it unquestionably the best game ever, though.

The two games are really nothing alike, to be honest.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Unless you consider the Vigilante/Firetruck style missions as "random quests".
        Which no-one in there right mind would.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

They both have an element of open-ended gameplay, plus missions and a main 'quest'.

Beyond that, not really much alike at all.

Comment

I'm not sure about Vice city. But the other grand theft auto game I played- 3 I think, is more of a racing game. Good skill at piloting your vehicle is a must.

And I suck at that . It was a fun game though. There are a lot of things you can do in the game. But I can't drive worth a ****.

Comment

Yes, GTA and Vice City are both much more like a racing game than an RPG. You'll spend 90% of your time driving around the place while doing the main quest.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Well blah.
                I thought for a moment I might've been on to something but I guess this is just one of those times when something that walks like a duck, has feathers and goes quack actually is a duck.
                Who would've guessed it ...

cheers all

Comment

Vice city does have improvements in that you can get your own building I've heard. That's kind of cool. And you can run around on foot, but that's no fun- and dangerous.

But you can do several types of missions that aren't associated with the main missions to beat the game.

Comment

Working...
                  X