Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dissident
    There are 20 character levels.

And no, no subraces. In the expansion there are prestige classes, but no subraces still.

Once you reach level 20 you have a problem. Anything beyond that is considered god like. I think they do intend on allowing chars past level 20 in a future expansion.
    Anything over 20th level is considered Epic Level in Ad&D I believe. I hadn't actually played it yet because the documentation that came with it was somewhat disheartening but I will give it ago sometime this week.

Comment

I just had the most... interesting fight in NWN.

Level 13 halfling rogue vs. Guardian White Dragon (CR 19+ white dragon).

It went on for like half an hour, because: Dragon couldn't hurt me because of my damage resistance, except when using power attack and getting a very high critical hit. It's breath weapon was nearly useless. DC 29 save vs. my +27 reflex save and large supply of healing potions. On the other hand, I could barely touch its AC of 35+ (37 maybe?). Now, I know I was supposed to do something to make the fight easier, but I ended up using the brute force strategy. I have a strong feeling that was not a fight I was meant to win in that way (judging by how fast my henchman was killed).
      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
      -Joan Robinson

Comment

are you playing the expansion module?

I know there is a white dragon there. I haven't got to him/her yet.

but there is an item I can use to make the fight easier given to me by a NPC

I should mention that some persistant worlds and modules do support subraces- kind of. They still have some limitations due to the way the game is (I'm not sure about the restrictions). But some modues do allow for grey dwarves, druegar, etc. But you can put in a subrace when creating a character. And if a module supports it you can get some bonuses or penalties accordingly.

Comment

what are we forgetting!!??

Fallout and Fallout 2. classics!

I'll mention again Wizardry 8. A lot of older Wizardry players suggest 6,7, and 8 for the story line.

Dungeon Siege...j/k

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
            are you playing the expansion module?

I know there is a white dragon there. I haven't got to him/her yet.

but there is an item I can use to make the fight easier given to me by a NPC
            No, chapter 3 of the original. The white dragon just got really unlucky because I perfectly equipped to take him down (or as close to it as a level 13 character can be), whereas he is very, very weak. +64 to your to hit rolls doesn't mean much if you can't deal the damage.
            "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
            -Joan Robinson

Comment

+64?!?

Ok, lets hear how you managed that
              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
              H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                +64?!?

Ok, lets hear how you managed that
                No, that's the dragon. I was merely at +20 or so. Of course the dragon was the one having trouble with my damage resistance, not the other way around.
                -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by MattH
                  TheD&D threads are still open. There are 3/4, 1 coordination, char creation, voting for DM's, etc... Check it out in the OT
                  /me demands links

/me can't be arsed to search through the cess pool that is the OT

/me wonders if talking in the third person is a sign of insanity
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard
                    * ColdWizard wonders if talking in the third person is a sign of insanity
                    Yes.

Comment

Rather than quoting MattH, you could have just used the bold links in his signature to find the two threads.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I have sigs off, which is your fault
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard
                          I have sigs off, which is your fault
                          There's a downside to everything.

Comment

Yay, beat NWN, finally!

Bah, so much work trying to do the final fight in NWN just right, only to realize the last time I tried to fight it (successfully too) that Morag was almost utterly powerless against me. She had one spell that could hurt me, which she cast slower than I could drink potions of cure critical. Only the minions really put up a fight. (Yay for insane saves of doom!)
                            -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                            X