Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BattleField

Anyone around who plays it?

I have a problem with this game, and I don't know how to fix it...

The game lags very much... sometimes it doesn't lag at all, but it's seldom...

I've got a P4 2.4 GHz, 512 MB DDR2700 Ram, lots of free space, just defragmented the HD, but still it lags...

Does anyone have any clue on how to fix this problem?
    This space is empty... or is it?

It's all RAM related, I've found. I upgraded to 1 gig of memory and everything is much faster.

The single player code stinks and because the computer has to control the AI guys, it lags. Try playing online.
    ----
    "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

I play Battelfield and sometimes I get huge lags.

My PC specs are:
      P4 2.4 Ghz, 512 PC210 DDR SDRAM, and almost 60 Gb free of HD.

Mahdimael, with the 1GbRam you never get lags?
      >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

Originally posted by Mahdimael
        The single player code stinks and because the computer has to control the AI guys, it lags. Try playing online.
        I have tried to play the game MP also (not online), but it still lags... though not as much as if I where hosting (even if nobody had joined, and there where no computer player in my game)

Originally posted by Mahdimael
        It's all RAM related, I've found. I upgraded to 1 gig of memory and everything is much faster.
        Sounds good... I just ordered new ram (512 MB) a few hours ago...

Comment

Yeah, BF is poorly programmed. It's like one of those games that release too soon.. and then you have to have all the patches and updates, just to make it work correctly. It lags, no matter what you have I guess.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

It lags a tiny, tiny bit, now, on some servers. Plus, the load time for maps is now less than 30 seconds on an athlon 1.4 thunderbird. I have no lag whatsoever when I host a game by myself with nobody else

1.4 thunderbird
            1GB DDR 2600 ram
            Geforce 4 Ti 4200 64MB
            ----

Comment

With Wolfestein I don't get any lag.

oh well, I'll have to buy 512 MB more... damn Bill Gates, I don't know how, but I'm sure he have something to do with lags and random errors on the game

Comment

Good game, played it for awhile until I got fed up with all the Team-Killers, although that should be resolved now.

Anyway, I'm trying out Vietcong ATM, so far pretty good.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I've now got 1 GB ram, but it still lags... I also tried to reinstall it again... but it still lags...

Comment

Do you have a G-Force card?

Comment

Yes, a GeForce 3 TI 200

It has worked before...

Comment

Mkae sure to get the latest updates...the original release of the game was not good at all. Try playing with fewer AI soldiers to see if that helps. It seems like each AI soldier needs at least a single processor for themselves. Play a solo multiplayer game to see how that works.

ALSO- I just remembered. What sound card do you have? The game seems pretty picky about sound cards. I think I switched mine from hardware to software sound and had much better success (or vice versa, I can;t remember)
                        ----

Comment

When I try the game, I always start up with a MP game... without opponents...

I have also tried to switch the details in the game to the lowest possible... Haven't tried to change the sound details though, will try it, when I can (Don't have time to test it at the moment)

Comment

Working...
                          X