Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adagio
    replied
    When I try the game, I always start up with a MP game... without opponents...

I have also tried to switch the details in the game to the lowest possible... Haven't tried to change the sound details though, will try it, when I can (Don't have time to test it at the moment)

Leave a comment:

• Mahdimael
    replied
    Mkae sure to get the latest updates...the original release of the game was not good at all. Try playing with fewer AI soldiers to see if that helps. It seems like each AI soldier needs at least a single processor for themselves. Play a solo multiplayer game to see how that works.

ALSO- I just remembered. What sound card do you have? The game seems pretty picky about sound cards. I think I switched mine from hardware to software sound and had much better success (or vice versa, I can;t remember)

Leave a comment:

• Adagio
    replied
    Yes, a GeForce 3 TI 200

It has worked before...

Leave a comment:

• Chilean Presidentâ„¢
    replied
    Do you have a G-Force card?

Leave a comment:

• Adagio
    replied
    I've now got 1 GB ram, but it still lags... I also tried to reinstall it again... but it still lags...

Leave a comment:

• alva
    replied
    Good game, played it for awhile until I got fed up with all the Team-Killers, although that should be resolved now.

Anyway, I'm trying out Vietcong ATM, so far pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• Chilean Presidentâ„¢
    replied
    With Wolfestein I don't get any lag.

oh well, I'll have to buy 512 MB more... damn Bill Gates, I don't know how, but I'm sure he have something to do with lags and random errors on the game

Leave a comment:

• Mahdimael
    replied
    It lags a tiny, tiny bit, now, on some servers. Plus, the load time for maps is now less than 30 seconds on an athlon 1.4 thunderbird. I have no lag whatsoever when I host a game by myself with nobody else

1.4 thunderbird
    1GB DDR 2600 ram
    Geforce 4 Ti 4200 64MB

Leave a comment:

• Pekka
    replied
    Yeah, BF is poorly programmed. It's like one of those games that release too soon.. and then you have to have all the patches and updates, just to make it work correctly. It lags, no matter what you have I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Adagio
    replied
    Originally posted by Mahdimael
    The single player code stinks and because the computer has to control the AI guys, it lags. Try playing online.
    I have tried to play the game MP also (not online), but it still lags... though not as much as if I where hosting (even if nobody had joined, and there where no computer player in my game)

Originally posted by Mahdimael
    It's all RAM related, I've found. I upgraded to 1 gig of memory and everything is much faster.
    Sounds good... I just ordered new ram (512 MB) a few hours ago...

Leave a comment:

• Chilean Presidentâ„¢
    replied
    I play Battelfield and sometimes I get huge lags.

My PC specs are:
    P4 2.4 Ghz, 512 PC210 DDR SDRAM, and almost 60 Gb free of HD.

Mahdimael, with the 1GbRam you never get lags?

Leave a comment:

• Mahdimael
    replied
    It's all RAM related, I've found. I upgraded to 1 gig of memory and everything is much faster.

The single player code stinks and because the computer has to control the AI guys, it lags. Try playing online.

Leave a comment:

• Adagio
    started a topic BattleField

BattleField

Anyone around who plays it?

I have a problem with this game, and I don't know how to fix it...

The game lags very much... sometimes it doesn't lag at all, but it's seldom...

I've got a P4 2.4 GHz, 512 MB DDR2700 Ram, lots of free space, just defragmented the HD, but still it lags...

Does anyone have any clue on how to fix this problem?
Working...
X