Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dissident
    that's too much work.

I play to have fun, not to have uber items.

In fact, I have never even played Hell difficulty. I usually get bored by then. The highest I've gotten, was a sorceress to act5 Nightmare.
    i dont want to promote this, but cow lvling allows you to reach lv 90 overnight. If you have a friend with 80+ char u can simply breeze ur way thru a1 normal to a5 hell in less than 5 hrs.
    :-p

Comment

easiest char to start out with has to be a druid.

Comment

just started a druid yesterday.

This time a werebear. I orginally didn't like them over the wolves because they seemed too slow.

But I'm really digging my werebear. They look better than wolves, they also sound better. It takes a while to get used to the slow attack speed, but it is so nice doing massive damage in one hit. I did have a little trouble in act3 with those flayers and such. I need more fire resistance. Those flayer shaman's fire really hurts me- even with the massive amounts of hitpoints I have.

But werebears are massive tanks. Even more than barbarians. And much better than Paladins. I had to be careful with my paladin- I couldn't just wade into the thick of combat. Plus I used a shield (though that was before dexterity affected blocking).

I ditched the shield for my werebear. I'd rather just use a maul and do more damage . But I do get hit a lot. But soon I will get hunger to help out with that.

Oh, and I don't use vines. They are kind of annoying anyways. I do use wolves and spirits though.

Comment

i dont want to promote this, but cow lvling allows you to reach lv 90 overnight. If you have a friend with 80+ char u can simply breeze ur way thru a1 normal to a5 hell in less than 5 hrs
          What's cow leveling?

Comment

Doing the Secret Cow Level over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

It's even less fun than it sounds.
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I've heard of the cow level now that you mention it. That's with the devil possessed cows, right?

Comment

Yes.

You activate it by putting Wirt's Leg and a Tome of Town Portal into the Horadric Cube and transmuting them while standing in the Rogue's Camp in a difficulty level you've already completed. A red portal will open close to where you're standing.

Inside there a lots of Hell Bovine who run around in big packs. There is also the Cow King boss (who's always Lightning Enchanted). In 1.09 you couldn't do the Secret Cow Level in any difficulty in which you'd already killed the Cow King, so people used to just avoid him and kill everything else so they could do it again. I'm not sure if that restriction still applies in the Beta of 1.10

Comment

WOO HOO I made somebody's signature!!!!!

So far, 1.10 seems a little harder than previous versions. Of course, I'm playing a hardcore character now.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

just started a druid yesterday.

This time a werebear. I orginally didn't like them over the wolves because they seemed too slow.

But I'm really digging my werebear. They look better than wolves, they also sound better. It takes a while to get used to the slow attack speed, but it is so nice doing massive damage in one hit. I did have a little trouble in act3 with those flayers and such. I need more fire resistance. Those flayer shaman's fire really hurts me- even with the massive amounts of hitpoints I have.

But werebears are massive tanks. Even more than barbarians. And much better than Paladins. I had to be careful with my paladin- I couldn't just wade into the thick of combat. Plus I used a shield (though that was before dexterity affected blocking).

I ditched the shield for my werebear. I'd rather just use a maul and do more damage . But I do get hit a lot. But soon I will get hunger to help out with that.

Oh, and I don't use vines. They are kind of annoying anyways. I do use wolves and spirits though.
                    Most Wolf builds rule over bear builds. I've seen bear builds that overcome AR differences and attack speed, but in general wolf build usally PK and quest at a much faster rate.

Comment

It's true the wolf is better than the bear, but bears are cooler. A wolf just furies forever w/o ever doing anything else. The bear has the cool shockwave attack to stun enemies before he mauls them, and he looks cooler.
                      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

yeah I already did a wolf.

the bear does look cooler . and i like the way he sounds as well.

back to the topic of the patch, does anyone know what changes they are planning?

Comment

back to the topic of the patch, does anyone know what changes they are planning?
                          Download it and find out.

There are lots of skill changes, mostly to give them more synergy (putting points into SkillA improves SkillB).

Comment

Also, diabloii.net has lots of info.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Is it out now?

I was just on battle net 2 nights ago, and it didn't autmatically download when I went on battle.net.

maybe it came out since then.

edit: I see it is a beta that isn't for battle.net yet. That's why I haven't seen it.

Comment

Is it out now?

The original date was supposed to be Sep. 2002 for the 1.10 patch. It wouldn't surprise me if it isn't out 'til Xmas this year.
                                "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Working...
                                X