Diablo 2 1.10 Patch BETA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dissident
    I tried necromancer, but I just could not get into it. I don't like standing around waiting for my stupid summons to actually kill something.
    Perhaps you should try a sniper necro.

Amplify Damage + lots of poison + crossbow = lots of "one shot one kill" fun.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I gave up on Pindle. Mephy has been much kinder to me.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
        Would it be possible to have +2 Necro Skills, +3 Poison and Bone Skills, and +3 Bone Spear on the same wand? That'd be one hell of a find, but I'm not sure you can get that under normal rules either.
        You cannot get that under normal rules, because +2 necro skills and +3 three poison and bone skills are both prefixes, you cannot get +3 poison and bone on rares, and only rares can give you more than one prefix.

Comment

Ya that's what I thought. Somebody's pants are on fire.
          "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

maybe, since he never went online, he has the "out-of-the-box" .07 or something with the killer rares.

Comment

Are you playing a mod, cause IIRC that is not possible.
              No mods. Maybe I'm wrong about this but I'm pretty sure this is correct. I'll check when I get home tonight.

Comment

I had to reinstall Diablo but I can't get it to work. I'm getting a server exception and can't load it. I'm uploading what I believe to be my necromancer character for all you naysayers so if you can see before me, let me know.
                Attached Files

Comment

Had to disable direct3d and load directdraw instead. BM was right. It's a yew wand, +3 bone spear, +2 summon resist, +150% damage to undead. So it's even suckier than I thought.

Comment

It would be possible to get a rare +2 necromancer, +2 bone and poison skills, +3 bone bone spear wand. Just not very possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                      I never get good items, but I have fun playing nevertheless.

I just started my new Amazon character. She has a crappy bow, but she's cool. Amazon's are real dependant on good items. Having a good bow is imperative.

If you want a character not dependant on items quite as much, try a sorceress. While many items are very useful for a sorceress, they can still kick some major ass without them.
                      Best account build in bnet from scratch is

Build sorc

-level up sorc
                      -hoard as much +skill item (quest, trade etc)
                      -hoard as much mf as u can (quest, trade etc)
                      -start saving up starter items for barb

Build barb

-give starter items to barb
                      -level up barb
                      -Give mf items to barb
                      -Get 2xtulwar and mf quest

After awhile when you can afford trading for it or if u find burito, lycander or windforce for zon... Build her! shes the best char in game IMO.

build other char whenever u want after this is accomplished.
                      :-p

Comment

that's too much work.

I play to have fun, not to have uber items.

In fact, I have never even played Hell difficulty. I usually get bored by then. The highest I've gotten, was a sorceress to act5 Nightmare.

Comment

bnet is far easier to get started on than sp (without cheats.) it's almost impossible to transfer stuff in sp.

The easiest char to start from nothing, imho, is the zon. the starter javelin is probably the best wep for all chars 1-5, with the 1 gold repair cost. at level five, shop for a 3 socket pike or spear, and socket it with whatever you have available. i usually use flawed diamonds. then, jab your way through andariel with the jav in the 2nd slot for bosses you want to stay away from, like the smith.

starting on bnet is very easy. just hang around the gem trading room and wait for somebody to come around offering crap to newbies. it happens about every 2-3 minutes during the busy times.

Comment

I would start with the barb first, as they do well on low levels without much equipment. This is assuming that you're not a filthy cheater who is rushing the char -- in which case, a sorc can do better without the equipment, as long as she has the skills.

Comment

da_hal, I tend to save starter javs for just that reason -- accessible to all chars, great damge when thrown, and you can renew the stack for only one gp.

Just don't throw that last jav.

Comment

in terms of classes, i think all of them are equally sad lvls 1-5.

barbs and zons start to pick up at @12 with normal gems in sockets and stuff. but the key for either one is to get enough leech and the damage to make it so that you are almost self sufficient.

sorcs, imho, struggle until lvl 17 or so, then rock afterwards. i've cleared normal with lvl 1 blizzard, nm with lvl 1 orb.

if i had to start from total scratch, i feel confident with sorc, zon, barb, and necro. i would suppose zon is the easiest of them because you get a larger boost from gems/runes than other classes, and the "best" weapons are exceptional.

Comment

Working...
                                X