Mafia, the best non-strategy game ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mafia, the best non-strategy game ever

I'm just installing this game for the 3rd time, it's so good!

Have you played Mafia?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

No.

Tell us about it.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Neither have I actually. Let's hear about it. Some screenies might help, as well.
      XBox Live: VovanSim
      xbox.com (login required)
      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
      Spore page

Comment

I've heard of the game... It's like Grand Theft Auto in the 30s.

Never played it though.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

No, it's WAY better then GTAs.. only thing that is simular is that you drive cars in that game as well. It looks good, and it has excellent shooting mode, one of the best I've ever seen/tried, and you get to have those old guns. Tommy gun is really nice and fun to shoot other gangsters. Music is great, old music, but it gets a bit repeatetive. Story is great, awesome, it's like a movie. A long movie.

It's doesn't concentrate on how much blood you can spill, but you still get to spill quite a lot of it. All my buddies that have played it.. all LOVED it. It's something different.. The city you're in.. huge. Absolutely beautiful.
          You get hooked.. http://www.mafia-game.com/
          Check it out.

It requires quite a lot of power from PC, so you should have a decent computer, otherwise it's not that good.
          The minimum requirements? For get it. Recommended requirements? FORGET IT! You need more power than that (you can check it out from the web page I provided).

But I truly recommend you try this game if you're at all interested after viewing the homepage. It's a gangster game with some driving too and it's bound to be a classic.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Re: Mafia, the best non-strategy game ever

Originally posted by Pekka
            I'm just installing this game for the 3rd time, it's so good!
            If it's so good then why have you uninstalled it twice?
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I haven't finished my first game yet, and probably never will...
              This game might have an interesting story, but it lacks in freedom... you're only got one mission at a time...

I have only had one fun mission...

I do like the fact, if you drive too fast, and cops are nearby, they'll go after you, but you can shake them off also... And you can't unlock all cars from the beginning, you need to learn how to do it first...
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

This was quite well received IIRC...........I may check it out if I get any spare gaming time.

Comment

Oh how I hated the Race
                  Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I'm at the race at the moment, I always make one mistake on the final lap, so I only get in second... If it at least was fun to do that race, but it isn't
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

The best missions are definitely after the race. Lots of massive shooting scenes!!!!!!!!! Nice ones too, I recommend you suck it up and torture yourself with the race and complete it. I know, I hated that mission too..
                      In da butt.

Comment

I've heard about the game before, but I never bothered to even take a look at its screenshots... but these are certainly impressive.

I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Yeah, I'm thinking of picking it up myself .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Can you play co-op?
                            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Hey, that actually seems interesting.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                              X