No announcement yet.

Anybody have an xbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harry, you might be surprised to hear this, but I'm guessing your Morrowind disc isn't broken at all. That game has a serious, serious bug on the Xbox that causes the game to start giving dirty disc errors when your save file becomes too large. The problem has to do with Morrowind not correctly using the Xbox cache (i.e. some stuff isn't cleared when it thinks it is). Pretty soon the cache overflows and when that happens, the system gives a dirty disc error.

The only way I know of to avoid this is to save and reset the Xbox all the time. Annoying, but it will let you play.
    "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

I've heard that but I can't open maps, save my game, or walk more than twenty minutes without it freezing. This is right at load without saving (unless it freezes during the first save). Very disappointing. In a marvelous display of maturity after the game froze up after one glorious hour without saving once, I whipped my disk into my living room wall with some fantastic expletive combos. It's pretty scratched up now and I haven't played it since. I may borrow my brother's copy; he hasn't had nearly as many problems as I've had and he bought his disk much later than I did.

Also, another reason I mentioned the bad disc was I had a friend that bought a basketball game that wouldn't play correctly. There didn't appear to be anything wrong with the game disc itself but after he traded it in for another copy it played flawlessly.

Comment

Bethesda as annouced Morrowind GOTY edition for the Xbox. It will include the original game plus the two expansion packs: Tribunal and Bloodmoon. Lets hope they'll fix a bug or two...
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Now I don't own an xbox or have even spent any decent time with one so to be fair I will not pass judgement on xbox. I do know however that I will not give bill gates any more money though!
          Don't worry. Microsoft is actually losing around $100 for every Xbox they sell .
          "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

But to get any enjoyment from it, you will need to buy games...
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

True, but I actually get ALL my games for free. The local game crazy store gives away tons of credits for game tournaments on whatever every week or two. So far I've got 4 games, an Xbox, a live kit, a second controller, and I still have credit

Comment

Good gravy! Where do you live?!?

Comment

Arizona. Game Crazy is part of Hollywood Video. AFAIK, all stores are allowed to hold a tournament at least once a month. Prizes are 30 to 10 dollars in credit. Some of the tournaments previously have been sponsored by microsoft, so the winner gets a free game or something then. I picked up Halo and Rallisport that way. And the beauty here is, not many people know about it, so competition is easy.

Comment

Working...
                  X